- J28718 000001000 J28718000001000
Martin X Series DXMAE-L Dreadnought Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The 6-string Martin DXMAE-L acoustic-electric guitar features Martin’s famous D-14 platform, dreadnought body design. The dreadnought was crafted to ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Lefty D-14 with spruce-grained HPL top and mahogany grained HPL body with stage-ready electronics.
The 6-string Martin DXMAE-L acoustic-electric guitar features Martin’s famous D-14 platform, dreadnought body design. The dreadnought was crafted to produce a powerful, rich sound that is perfect for the singer songwriter, as well as the professional touring and studio musician. The top, back, and sides is constructed using Martin’s famous FSC Certified HPL. For added tone and volume, the top is articulately braced with sitka spruce, in a 5/16 in. scalloped X-bracing pattern. The DXMAE-L has a powerful, rich tone, with all the sustain you have come to expect from a Martin guitar.
The mortise-and-tenon neck joint ensures solid construction of the guitar, with optimal resonant tone, while eliminating drop-off in the finer dynamics. The Martin guitar's laminate birch neck is a multilayered wood creation, using bonding layers of wood under extremely high pressure. The material is then carved and finished in a conventional manner. The end result is a very strong neck that provides definition and articulate sustain from note to note.
The modified low oval neck shape, 25.4 in. scale, 1-11/16 in. nut width, and 16 in. radius provide comfort and dexterity when performing intricate movements and progressions along the black Richlite fretboard.
This X Series Martin acoustic guitar comes compete with the Fishman Sonitone. The Fishman Sonitone features a soundhole-mounted preamp with rotary controls for Volume and Tone. The controls are mounted conveniently under the soundhole. All you have to do is plug in and play. You’ll have a great acoustic guitar sound, right out of the box.
Case sold separately.
- Body type: D-14 Fret
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Spruce Pattern HPL
- Back & sides: Mahogany Pattern HPL
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
- Body finish: Hand-rubbed
- Orientation: Left handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval/PA taper
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Fingerboard: FSC Certified Richlite
- Neck wood: Rust Birch Laminate
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: No
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood HPL
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge: FSC Certified Richlite
- Saddle & nut: White Coriian, Compensated white tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Click or call to order this affordable Martin today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.