- Product 500533
Moog The Moog Guitar Paul Vo Collector's Edition Electric Guitar - Flamed Maple
- Write a Review
The Moog Guitar Paul Vo Collector's Edition electric guitar puts revolutionary technology in the hands of the guitarist. Moog Music is known for buil...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Opens a whole new musical vocabulary for your guitar playing.
The Moog Guitar Paul Vo Collector's Edition electric guitar puts revolutionary technology in the hands of the guitarist. Moog Music is known for building the finest instruments and the Moog Guitar is first and foremost a very fine guitar; designed to be played by the best musicians as their primary axe. Its AAAAA flamed maple top, swamp ash body and ebony finger board bespeak the quality that musicians have come to expect from a Moog musical instrument.
Not a guitar synthesizer, not a MIDI guitar or an effects processor; players are intimately connected to the Moog Guitar, because it works its magic on the strings themselves.
But this is not a guitar synth, there is no MIDI. The sounds are not the result of effects or post-processing, but are actually coming from the strings. There is infinite, powerful sustain available at every fret position and on every string.
This sustain is totally controllable. The guitar's electronics are designed to sustain the notes you are playing, while actively muting the ones you aren't. The power to sustain and mute can be shifted between the neck and bridge pickups to create harmonic blends.
At the flick of a switch, the same power that is used to sustain the strings will immediately mute them. This will not only make the guitar sound different, but actually feel different as well. With the Moog Paul Vo guitar, you can use traditional guitar techniques in creative ways.
The guitar comes with a Moog foot pedal controller.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Guitar: Double-Cutaway, Set-neck
- Body: Premium Swamp Ash
- Top Wood: Flame Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- degree Angled Peghead, 22 Fret, 12" Radius, 25 1/2" Scale, Headstock finished to match body.
- Pickups: 2 custom-designed Moog pickups, Piezo saddles in bridge.
- Output: The piezo is blended in with the normal output of the Moog Guitar and it can be output separately thru the quarter inch jack. The piezo does not require external power; it receives auxiliary power from an onboard 9V battery.
- Hardware Finish: Gold and Black.
- Bridge: Moog customized Wilkinson Tremolo with Graph Tech piezo saddles.
- Strings: Custom Moog Guitar Strings; ships with 11-52
- Moog Foot Pedal Controller:
- Controls Harmonic Blend and the frequency response of the Moog Ladder Filter. Supplies Power to the guitar.
- External Control Voltage Input (0 to 5VDC)
- More details on the Pedal Controller are located in the "Info" tab.
- Electronics: Moog patented Guitar Electronics including Moog Ladder Filter.
- Hardshell Gold Tweed with leather bound corners
- Gold Moog Logo Imprinted metal plate on outside edge
- Interior Custom Form-fit for Moog Guitar body
- Internal covered storage compartment
- Storage compartment for expression pedal
The Moog Guitar Paul Vo Collector's Edition Electric Guitar - Flamed Maple
- Three knobs:
Vo Power Knob - Controls intensity of sustain and mute. The knob turned fully CW is full Vo Power and fully CCW is no Vo Power.
Piezo Blend Blends the piezo bridge pick-up signal into the guitar's output signal.
Harmonic Balance Knob - Controls the balance of Vo Power between neck and bridge pick-ups. (When the Filter Toggle is in "Tone Control" position, this function is moved to the foot pedal and the Harmonic Balance knob does nothing.)
Master Volume Knob - Controls overall volume (Moog and piezo pick-ups).
Tone/Filter Knob- Adjusts the guitar tone when the Filter Toggle is in Tone Control position; adjusts the resonance of the Moog filters in the two Moog Filter Toggle positions.
There are three switches:
Mode Selector Switch - Switches between Mute Mode, Controlled Sustain Mode and Full Sustain Mode
Filter Toggle Switch Switches the Moog Filter between a standard guitar Tone Control - (toggle away from strings), a Moog Articulated Filter - (toggle centered), and a Moog Ladder Filter - (toggle towards strings).
Five Position Pick-up Selector Switch: Neck, In-phase, Out of phase, Bridge, and Piezo. only. (The piezo signal accessed via the Piezo Blend knob passes through the Moog filter; "piezo only" does not.)
Floor Pedal- Function depends on the setting of the Filter Toggle switch.
- When the Filter Toggle is in "Tone Control" position, the floor pedal controls the harmonic balance. (Forward = high harmonics, Middle = full harmonics, Back = lower harmonics.)
- When the Filter Toggle is in "Moog Articulated Filter" position, the floor pedal controls the filter cutoff frequency that the articulated filter starts with.
- When the Filter Toggle is in "Moog Ladder Filter" position, the foot pedal controls the filter cutoff frequency.