- Product 580915
Normandy Anodized Archtop Guitar with Bigsby Tremolo Tailpiece
- Write a Review
From the classic archtop curves of the body, to the vintage Bigsby vibrato tailpiece, to the distinctive "rivets" front and back, there is simply no ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A one-of-a-kind black anodized guitar with boutique styling and quality.
From the classic archtop curves of the body, to the vintage Bigsby vibrato tailpiece, to the distinctive "rivets" front and back, there is simply no other guitar like it. Normandy Guitars are quality made one at a time and are built to stand the test of time from one gig to the next.
The Normandy maple-on-maple and rosewood-on-maple necks are shaped close to what you would find on an old-school jazz guitar”not too fat¦ not too thin. The resonant, gold anodized aircraft-grade aluminum body produces smooth, warm tones that ring true and long. Sustain is increased significantly when compared to that of a conventional wooden guitar body. Normandy "old school" humbuckers with Alnico 5 magnets are overwound to 12K ohms for higher output, powerful midrange and driving tone.
This is a deceivingly solid piece of equipment. You may be able to snap the neck, but the body will stand up to the most aggressive punk-inspired outbursts. The Normandy weighs 8.6 lb. which is roughly the same (or less) than most other electric guitars, maintains perfect balance when on a strap, and is so accommodating that you may just be able to go at it all night.
The sound, the look, the feel, the durability and all of extra care taken to perfect this one-of-a-kind guitar, combined with state of the art manufacturing processes equal a guitar that you would expect to cost thousands more than it does. Custom boutique styling and quality that every player can afford¦ that's the best thing of all.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Black anodized aluminum body constructed of aircraft-grade material
- Hard rock maple neck with rosewood fretboard
- 18% nickel/silver fret wire
- Tuners by Gotoh
- Graphite nut from Graphtech
- Normandy Humbuckers for high output, powerful midrange and tone
- Vintage-style Bigsby vibrato
- Includes custom road case
- Body: Aircraft-grade aluminum
- Neck: Hard rock maple neck with rosewood fretboard
- Pickups: Normandy "old school" Humbuckers overwound, 12k ohm high-output alnico magnets wax-potted for microphonic suppression
- Electronics: Front And rear volume controls, one tone control, 3-way pickup selector, heavy-duty kill switch
- Bridge: Locking roller bridge, fully adjustable
- Tailpiece, licensed Bigsby B70
- Tuners: Large Gotoh
- Hardware: Chrome
- Weight: 8.6 Lbs
- Case: Hardshell multi-ply custom-made by TKL (black with chrome hardware)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Light Weight
- Solid Electronics
- Very Durable
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about Normandy Anodized Archtop Guitar with Bigsby Tremolo Tailpiece:
This is one of the finest guitars I've ever played. I expected it to weigh alot, but I was really suprised at the light weight (less than my Les Paul) and the great feel of the guitar on the strap. The body is built like a tank, and the rivets remind me of some of the old vintage planes. The pickups are hot and overwound, and sound very nice. The controls are interactive, and the neck is probably the best out of the box that I've seen. The quality and craftsmanship of this guitar is second only to it's sound, by far one of the best investments I've made.