- 580921 000587000 580921000587000
Normandy Schoolbus Powder Coat Hardtail Archtop Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
From the classic archtop curves of the body to the distinctive "rivets" front and back, there is simply no other guitar like it. Normandy Guitars are...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A one-of-a-kind powder coated aluminum archtop with a cool "school bus" finish.
From the classic archtop curves of the body to the distinctive "rivets" front and back, there is simply no other guitar like it. Normandy Guitars are quality made one-at-a-time and are built to stand the test of time from one gig to the next.
Schoolbus-the pigment used in the construction of this model is the same as used in buses, tractors, and bulldozers. But beyond its color, this model also reminds us of its namesake because of the sheet metal body and the prominent rivets that make it a Normandy. The combination of this blazing yellow-orange hue with it's massive amounts of chrome hardware look incredible.
The powder-coated finishes on Normandy guitars are applied using a special "baked-on" finish that is electro-statically bonded to the guitar bodies. The resulting finish is extremely durable and far superior to the standard paint, stain, or varnish typically found on guitars.
The Normandy maple-on-maple and rosewood-on-maple necks are shaped close to what you would find on an old-school jazz guitar-not too fat¦ not too thin. The resonant, chrome finished aircraft-grade aluminum body produces smooth, warm tones that ring true and long. Sustain is increased significantly when compared to that of a conventional wooden guitar body. Normandy "old school" humbuckers with Alnico 5 magnets are overwound to 12K ohms for higher output, powerful midrange and driving tone.
This is a deceivingly solid piece of equipment. You may be able to snap the neck, but the body will stand up to the most aggressive punk-inspired outbursts. The Normandy weighs 8.6 lb.-roughly the same as most other electric guitars, maintains perfect balance when on a strap, and is so accommodating that you may just be able to go at it all night.
The sound, the look, the feel, the durability, and all of extra care taken to perfect this one-of-a-kind guitar, combined with state of the art manufacturing processes equal a guitar that you would expect to cost thousands more than it does. Custom boutique styling and quality that every player can afford¦ that's the best thing of all.
- Triple-electroplated chrome aluminum body constructed of aircraft-grade material
- Warmoth hard rock maple with rosewood fretboard
- 18% nickel/silver fret wire
- Tuners by Gotoh
- Graphite nut from Graphtech
- Normandy Humbuckers for high output, powerful midrange and tone
- Gotoh Tune-O-Matic bridge
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.