- Product 513332
Guild F40 Valencia Acoustic-Electric Guitar with D-TAR Pickup System
- Write a Review
The Guild F40 Valencia guitar has the D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System that combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Unusually dynamic and powerful electronics.
The Guild F40 Valencia guitar has the D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System that combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high input impedance preamp, to create a system with twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries and a voltage converter. With 18 volts, the signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily. The acoustic guitar's preamp also has an input for a second source, like a magnetic pickup or a soundboard transducer.
Two adjustable trim pots, one for low frequency shelving and one for high frequency shelving, allow you to fine tune and "set and forget" the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length for your instrument's size and shape; enabling you to transparently amplify the natural timbre of your acoustic guitar with minimal coloration. The soundhole mounted Volume and Tone controls give the ultimate in final control over your tonal palette.
But perhaps the coolest part of the system is D-TAR's new Load 'N Lock system, which allows quick and easy "AA" battery changes. Just unscrew the endpin "collar," remove the old batteries, and pop in the new ones. A quarter turn of the collar is all you need to lock them in place.
- Model Name: F-40 Valencia
- Model Number: 380-6600
- Category: Traditional Series
- Body Style: Grand Orchestra
- Top: Solid Red Spruce
- Bracing: Guild Scalloped Red Spruce
- Back: Solid Mahogany
- Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Neck: Three-Piece Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood (12" Radius)
- Width at Nut: 1-11/16"
- No. of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Gotoh 500 Series Open-Back Tuners
- Pickups: D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access
- Controls: Volume and Tone Controls Surface Mounted Inside the Soundhole,
- Two Adjustable Trim Pots in the Preamp, One Low Frequency Shelving and One High Frequency Shelving
- Finish: High Gloss (Nitrocellulose Lacquer)
- Lower Bout: 16"
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Top Brace: Red Spruce Scalloped
- Bridge Pins: Bone
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell
- Binding: Tortoise Shell
- Nut: Bone
- Saddle: Bone
- Position Inlay: Mother-Of-Pearl Dot
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Strings: Replace with Guild L350 Phosphor Bronze, p/n 3500350000, Gauges .012, .016, .025, .032, .042, .053
- Introduced: 1/2007
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Guild F40 Valencia Acoustic-Electric Guitar with D-TAR Pickup System:
The Guild F40 Valencia Acoustic-Electric guitar has great features for a fairly moderate price. The bass that comes from this smaller bodied (Grand Concert) size guitar is amazing, even unplugged. It's louder and deeper than my large bodied Taylor Grand Symphony (Mahogany/Red Cedar top). It's sturdy and well built in Tacoma, Washington. Frets are smooth, action is just right, the jack holds the cable solidly in place, the sound hole volume and tone controls are great and battery changes are a breeze. The Ice-tea Burst looks awesome and the nitrocellulose lacquer finish is not put on too heavy. I'm very pleased with this guitar. Bonus!: It comes with a nice hard shell case with a Fender sample cleaning spray and cloth and a free Guild "Made To Be Played" 24" Bar Stool (some assembly required!). Enjoy!