- Write a Review
Combining traditional style with modern design perfection.
Crafted with a chambered basswood body, bolt-on hard rock Canadian Maple neck and a genuine rosewood fretboard, the Peavey Session guitar combines traditional style with modern design perfection. Two premium Peavey USA design humbucking pickups give the Session its signature tones. Die cast nickel plated string-through-the-body bridge with stainless steel saddles for bite and sustain. The silky satin neck finish allows for that "broken in" feel. The ergonomic elliptical neck profile is comfortable and fits the hand like a glove. Peavey's special compound radius fretboard allows deep bending in upper register yet has the "vintage" feel in the lower register. The Session features a 15 degree tilted headstock with straight string pull.
- 25.5" scale with 22 nickel silver frets
- Tone chambered, resonant basswood body with integral center section
- Bolt-on Canadian rock maple neck with comfortable sculpted five bolt attachment
- Genuine Rosewood fingerboard with special compound radius
- Graphite composite topnut for clarity and sustain
- Two premium Peavey USA design Alnico pickups, coil tapped
- 15:1 stable post designed die cast machine heads
- Nickel Plated Die cast string-through-body bridge with stainless steel saddles
- Recessed volume & tone controls with push/pull coil tap function
- Recessed high quality 3 way pickup selector switch
- Dual action torsion rod
The Session is ready to meld with your talent and skills. Order yours today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Peavey Session Electric Guitar:
Everything about this guitar is just stunning. It's not just opinion, it really comes with STAND OUT features I've never seen before on a guitar this cheap. The pickups are definitely good for stock pickups, but I just love my AT-1 so I had to switch it out. The only other guitar that can compete with this one is my Ibanez 7 string because it's a 7 string and has it's own features I can't replicate on this guitar (low B string of course).
This thing is FULL of features. It comes STOCK with strong tuners, a GRAPHITE nut, STEEL saddles, a COMPOUND radius so the frets get flatter as you go up the neck, an ARCHTOP, and a chambered basswood body. With these features, it really should cost more than twice as much. Most guitars like the PRS SE Custom 24 people say should cost twice as much, but this guitar really SHOULD cost twice as much. You don't see guitars in this price range that come stock with almost any of these features. An archtop maybe.
With all these stock features, all you would have to switch out would be the pickups (to preference, I switched out the bridge for a nickel covered Dimarzio AT-1 cuz I love that tone), and the tuners to locking if you really wanted the stability for stage performance or something. The tuners are decently strong and it has a graphite nut, so no real tuning trouble here. The compound radius and archtop are to die for. It feels vintage on the lower part of the neck for chords, and very nice Ibanez flat feel on the upper frets. The body has 3 chambers. Unbelievable resonance. Beautiful.
Hey, it already has an archtop, perfect frets, steel saddles, graphite nut, and chambered body. For the price thats unbelievable. It truly is.
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Tone
Comments about Peavey Session Electric Guitar:
I am not a pro, as I basically just practice at home, or very rarely jam with a few friends. I have a Fender SRV Stratocaster, which I love, because of the fabulous tone, but it is very heavy compared to this Peavey Session. Plus, the Peavey Session is very fun and easy to play. It must be the neck, combined with the push/pull knobs for the pick-up configuration/sounds, and the lightness of it, but it is so very fun to play! I like the blue finish, as it is very unique. I find myself just staring at it after practicing, before I put it away, because to me, it looks beautiful, but that shouldn't really matter. What matters is, I want to practice more, and I do, because I have a Peavey Session Guitar.