- J32756 000003000 J32756000003000
PRS Custom 24 Carved Flame Maple 10 Top with Nickel Hardware Solidbody Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars’...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An exceptional top, uncovered pickups and versatile electronics.
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars’ first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since. Played by internationally touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players, the Custom 24 features PRS’s patented tremolo system and PRS 85/15 treble and bass pickups with volume and tone controls and a 5-way blade switch. 85/15 pickups were personally designed by Paul Reed Smith for PRS’s 30th Anniversary. They offer remarkable clarity and extended high and low end.
The Custom 24 is the original PRS. Since its introduction, it has offered a unique tonal option for serious players and defined PRS tone and playability.
Pickup Switching Positions:
Position One: Bridge humbucker
Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
Position Five: Neck humbucker
A very small percent of the maple trees cut in North America are actually figured. To make "10-Top" status, a PRS top must have clearly defined figure across its entire top with no "dead" spots. A guitar designated as a 10-Top will usually have a small "10" written on the back of the headstock in the upper right corner. Some of our earlier guitars have the "10" stamped into the finish in the same position.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Carved Maple 10 Top
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Pattern thin
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Birds
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: 58/15 Bass
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 58/15 Treble
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: Both
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: PRS tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: PRS locking
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Get the PRS that started it all. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.