- J41043 000001000 J41043000001000
PRS Private Stock 509 Curly Maple Top and Neck Electric Guitar
Imperial Purple Smoked Burst
- Write a Review
In the spirit of Private Stock’s ever forward-thinking designs, welcome May 2016’s Guitar of the Month: the 509. The 509 starts with a 5 single coil ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An amazing combination of special tonewoods, hardware and PRS design.
In the spirit of Private Stock’s ever forward-thinking designs, welcome May 2016’s Guitar of the Month: the 509. The 509 starts with a 5 single coil platform – with the outside two coils grouped as humbuckers. With its longer scale length (25.25”), middle single coil pickup, and two mini-toggle coil-tap switches, the 509 is perfect for single coil players who want the added tonal versatility of humbucking and humbucking + single coil sounds in one guitar.
Additional premium Private Stock specification include a Private Stock grade curly maple top with African ribbon mahogany back, curly maple neck with kingwood fingerboard, headstock veneer, and truss rod cover, mother of pearl purfling, side dots, and inlays, and the Private Stock Gen III Tremolo. The May 509 models will be finished in Imperial Purple Smoked Burst. Only ten of these instruments will be made for May 2016, commemorating Private Stock’s 20th Anniversary.
Five Pickups, Nine Sounds
5-Way Blade P1, Mini-Toggle Up: Treble Pickup Humbucking
5-Way Blade P1, Mini-Toggle Down: Treble Pickup Single Coil
5-Way Blade P2, Mini-Toggle Up: Treble Pickup Humbucking + Middle Pickup
5-Way Blade P2, Mini-Toggle Down: Treble Pickup Single Coil + Middle Pickup
5-Way Blade P3: Middle Pickup
5-Way Blade P4, Mini-Toggle Up: Middle Pickup + Bass Pickup Humbucking
5-Way Blade P4, Mini-Toggle Down: Middle Pickup + Bass Pickup Single Coil
5-Way Blade P5, Mini-Toggle Up: Bass Pickup Humbucking
5-Way Blade P5, Mini-Toggle Down: Bass Pickup Single CoilGuitar of the Month
Guitar of the Month
The original Guitars of the Month were cased between December 1994 and March 1996. They provided the opportunity to experiment with new ideas and led directly to the Private Stock to the creation of the Private Stock program with the first “official” Private Stock instrument casing on April 19, 1996.
“At the time, the original Guitars of the Month program was a way for us to experiment with new designs and features. To this day, that innovation and specialization is still at the heart of the Private Stock program, and we are very excited to try out some new ideas for our 20th Anniversary year.” – Paul Reed Smith
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Curly Maple
- Body wood: African Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Pattern regular
- Neck wood: Curly Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25.25"
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Kingwood with Mother of Pearl Purfling
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Birds
- Nut width: 1.656" (42mm)
- Configuration: HSH
- Neck: 509
- Middle: 509
- Bridge: 509
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: Yes
- Special electronics: Two mini coil tap switches
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Gen III
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Phase III locking with Kingwood buttons
- Color: Hybrid
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Limited production
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
Only a few of these exist. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.