- Product H72272
PRS Private Stock Signature - Ltd Run # 26 of 100 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Signature Limited Run reintroduces the concept of the popular "Signature Series" guitar first offered over 20 years ago and adds PRS's top tier P...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A premium instrument with top-tier appointments created from expert artist input.
The Signature Limited Run reintroduces the concept of the popular "Signature Series" guitar first offered over 20 years ago and adds PRS's top tier Private Stock appointments and a list of influential artists. Limited to 100 pieces, the Signature model showcases a culmination of years of artist input and boasts PRS's first ever multi-endorsement guitar with Tom Wheeler, Howard Leese, Michael Ault, Davy Knowles, Tim Pierce, Miles Kennedy, and Paul Reed Smith all backing the model.
"Every update the PRS Tech Center (PTC) has to offer has been included in the creation of this model's specifications, and the artist line up speaks volumes of this guitar's capabilities," said Paul Reed Smith.
Highlights include a brand new pickup system with proprietary 408 treble and bass humbucking pickups which produce eight sounds including coil-splitting on a simple switching scheme. The 408 treble is wider than a standard humbucker while the 408 bass humbucker is narrower which means they each sense a different length of string, producing a more spread out sound at the same volume. The 408 single-coil modes sound almost the same volume as the humbucking mode. The 2 x mini toggles activate the slug side coil when in the "up" position and full humbucker in the "down" position. The closest mini toggle to the neck is for the neck pickup and the other is for the bridge pickup.
A highly figured Private Stock maple top, and ME (Modern Eagle) birds with brown mother-of-pearl centers create an arresting visual impression. This model's filled-in "sinker" mahogany neck gives the player a new but familiar unfinished feel.
Pattern Neck Shape
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of their quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. Perfected after years of prototyping, the new "Pattern" neck is an updated Wide Fat PRS neck style based on Paul's pre-factory design. These necks were found on the instruments built for Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton and Howard Leese from the late 70's to the mid 80's.
- Lightweight African mahogany body
- Private Stock-grade curly maple top
- McCarty smokeburst finish (high-gloss nitro)
- Select extra-heavy South American mahogany neck
- Select dark dense east Indian rosewood fretboard
- Mammoth ivory bird inlays with brown lip mother-pf pearl centers
- 22 frets with Santana fret wire
- Pattern neck shape
- 408B neck pickup
- 408T bridge pickup
- New pickup mounting rings
- Signature model electronics: Master volume and tone, new 3-way toggle, 2 mini-switches for single-coils with extra turns on both inside coils
- Eight Pickups Sounds with 3-way toggle and mini-switches
- Position 1:
- 408B humbucker or single-coil
- Position 2:
- 408B humbucker/408T humbucker, or
- 408B single-coil/408T humbucker, or 408B humbucker/408T single-coil, or
- 408B single-coil/408T single-coil
- Position 3:
- 408T humbucker or single-coil
- New lampshade knobs
- Mixed hardware color
- PRS stoptail
- New Robson specially-made-for-PRS tuners with ivoroid buttons
- Cocobola truss rod cover
Private Stock Signature - Ltd Run # 26 of 100 Electric Guitar
- 25" scale