- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PRS S2 Vela Dot Inlays Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #J20922 000001000 J20922000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Vela continues in the style of the Mira and Starla models. The Vela boasts a new offset body shape that is at once elegant and edgy.Its pickguard...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A vintage-inspired guitar with loads of personality and tonal textures.
The Vela continues in the style of the Mira and Starla models. The Vela boasts a new offset body shape that is at once elegant and edgy.
Its pickguard loaded electronics feature a PRS-Designed Starla pickup in the bridge, providing a bright, punky tone, and the new PRS-Designed Type-D Singlecoil in the neck that gives the Vela some noteworthy bite. The coil-tap on the tone control allows the bridge pickup to split to single-coils, providing a balanced tone that will cut through the mix with style.
Anchoring this guitar is a PRS plate-style bridge with two saddles that were designed to compensate for intonation. This bridge harkens back to Paul's early designs and traditional bass plate-style bridges, but is top-loading for easy restringing. Like the bridge found on Paul's Guitar and some Private Stock models, PRS' plate-style bridge features brass saddles and an aluminum plate for maximum tonal sustain.
Includes gig bag.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Pattern regular
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656" (42mm)
- Configuration: HS
- Neck: S2 Type-D single-coil
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: S2 Starla humbucker
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull tone control
- Control layout: Separate volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: PRS plate-style
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: PRS locking
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Includes gig bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Grab this versatile guitar from PRS at a great price. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
Comments about PRS S2 Vela Dot Inlays Electric Guitar:
My current guitar collection is around 24 guitars. I have everything from epiphone, Kramer to Fender, Gibson, Parker and I own a PRS P22 as well. I can't stop playing this Vela. I love this thing and have already started looking at buying another one in a different color.
I love guitars and I always wind up back with Fenders, but this guitar just feels right. It's incredibly comfortable neck and plays smooth and fast. Very impressed with the stock pups and can get a wide range of actual good tones, to include high gain and squeals.
Last thing I want to say, I have owned a number of se models and they are fantastic guitars! I own a higher end P22. I can say without any hesitation that this S2 is a noticibly better guitar than the se models. It just feels more quality. I believe PRS guitars are overpriced in general, and I am a fanboy now, but I believe I got every penny worth out of this S2 Vela. Buy it
- Comfortable neck and body
- Excellent quality
- Great tone
- Light weight
- It won't fit the PRS multi fit case
- Prs doesn't make a hardshell case for this
- Probably any style of music
Comments about PRS S2 Vela Dot Inlays Electric Guitar:
This is a great guitar. I got a discount as a blemished model. Maybe it was just opened box or something because this guitar is perfectly mint. I don't know else to say. The s2 line from PRS is great quality for a little more affordable price than the USA stuff.
- Was this a gift?: