- Product J07184
PRS SE 7-String Flame Maple Top Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The SE Custom 24 7-String, PRS Guitars first 7-string production instrument, takes familiar PRS aesthetics and playability to new sonic territory. Us...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Takes familiar PRS aesthetics and playability to new sonic territory.
The SE Custom 24 7-String, PRS Guitars first 7-string production instrument, takes familiar PRS aesthetics and playability to new sonic territory. Using the Custom 24 as a platform, this guitar adds a low-B string to offer increased versatility to the player who wants more tonal range. Whether you'e playing rock, jazz, or metal, this guitar provides extended low-end growl, increased chordal variance, and a greater ability to embellish standard chords.
The SE 7-String features a beveled maple top with flame maple veneer and mahogany back, a 24-fret, 25 scale length maple neck with rosewood fretboard and bird inlays. The electronics package pairs SE HFS and SE Vintage Bass pickups with a volume, push/pull tone, and 3-way blade switch. The SE HFS and SE Vintage pickups were designed to mirror the Maryland-made pickups of the same name (used on the Custom since 1991). Originally meaning Hot, Fat, and Screams, the HFS was the evolution of the original Standard treble pickup. The HFS is a powerful pickup with a balance of aggression, clear highs, strong mid-range, and strong bass. Likewise, the Vintage bass is the evolution of the original Standard bass pickup and has a warm high-mid sound that is excellent for many musical styles.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Beveled maple with flame maple veneer
- Body wood: Non-weight relieved mahogany
- Body finish: Acrylic urethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Shape: Pattern thin
- Wood: Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Acrylic urethane
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Birds
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: SE HFS
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: SE vintage bass
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: Not applicable
- Active EQ: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Push/pull tone control
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: Not applicable
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Fixed bridge through body
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: PRS designed tuners
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 7-string
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: Info not available
Get a great 7-string on a shoestring budget. Order today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
Comments about PRS SE 7-String Flame Maple Top Electric Guitar:
Holds tune very good. Good sounding pickups for stock ones. Fit and finish was excellent. No string buzz,low action and in all a great guitar to play. Very well worth the money. Good string tension for a 25" scale.May upgrade pickups sometime , but stock are really not bad. I might just leave them in there. I got a great deal on this guitar. Musicians Friend is my go to place to shop.