- Product 582869
Recording King Century Series ROS-616 12th Fret OOO Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The warm-sounding Recording King ROS-616 Acoustic Guitar offers players the comfort of the classic 12th fret OOO style. Crafted with solid mahogany t...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The dark mahogany body, tortoise binding, and American craftsmanship.
The warm-sounding Recording King ROS-616 Acoustic Guitar offers players the comfort of the classic 12th fret OOO style. Crafted with solid mahogany top, back and sides, the guitar's herringbone purfling adds to the classic, yet unique look.
A fingerpicker's dream, the ROS-616 12th fret guitar is both individual and versatile, for players of all styles. The fully scalloped bracing pattern adds projection and clarity. The guitar's neck is crafted from a single piece of mahogany with an ebony fretboard offering strength, crisp tone, and a highly desirable look. Other notable appointments include a slotted rosewood headstock, Grover butterbean tuners, bone saddle and nut, ivory and ebony dot bridge pins,a pyramid bridge, and a natural finish.
The classic 1920's design of the 12th Fret OOO is the link between classical and modern steel string guitars. Very lightweight, but carefully braced for tonal warmth, the 12th fret OOO has earned a well-deserved spot in the pantheon of great-sounding guitar shapes.
The combination of the 12th fret neck joint and the resulting altered bridge position creates a richer, mellower sound than many of today's brighter-sounding guitar bodies. Matching the rich tone and clear string separation typical of a classical guitar with the projection of a traditional steel string, the Recording King 12th fret OOO ROS-616 guitar gives players the best of both worlds.
- Model: ROS-616
- Body shape: 12th Fret OOO
- Top material: Solid AA Grade Mahogany
- Back material: Solid Mahogany
- Side material: Solid Mahogany
- Top bracing pattern: Fully Scalloped X-Bracing
- Top braces: Hand-Shaped Scalloped Spruce
- Neck material: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Neck profile: Vintage "V"
- Neck joint: Hand-Cut Dovetail
- Fretboard material: Rosewood
- Scale length: 25-3/8"
- Number of frets total: 20 (12 open)
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1-13/16"
- Headstock type: Slotted
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock inlay: None
- Tuning machines: Grover Butterbean
- Body binding: Herringbone/Grained Ivoroid
- Rosette: 3 Ring
- Top purfling: Herringbone
- Fretboard inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Dot
- Fretboard binding: None
- Bridge material: Ebony
- Bridge shape: Pyramid
- Saddle: Bone
- Bridge pins & endpin: Ivory with Black Dot
- Finish: Nitrocellulose,
- Matte Mahogany
Once you experience its warm mahogany tone you won't want to let it go.