- Write a Review
Special torrefied top for more impactful tone, and just the right appointments to make it a looker as well.
Torrefaction is a specialized heating process used on Recording King Adirondack spruce tops in which the wood is heated at a low temperature in an oxygen-free environment. The curing process reduces impurities in the wood and results in weight reduction and increased stiffness, producing a similar chemical transformation as wood that has been dried for decades. The end result is a lightweight, extra resonant top that produces similar tone to a vintage instrument that's been loved and played for years.
Whether you're a singer/songwriter or fingerpicker, the Recording King Torrefied Series guitars are the perfect way to achieve vintage tone in a new instrument.
- Body type:000-14 Fret
- Top wood:Solid Torrefied Adirondack Spruce
- Back & sides:Mahogany
- Bracing pattern:X
- Body finish:Gloss
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:C
- Nut width:1.75" (44.45mm)
- Neck wood:Mahogany
- Scale length:24.9"
- Number of frets:20
- Neck finish:Gloss
- Brand:Not applicable
- Configuration:Not applicable
- Preamp EQ:Not applicable
- Feedback filter:Not applicable
- Tuner:Not applicable
- Headstock overlay:Rosewood
- Tuning machines:GroverButterbean, 18:1
- Saddle & nut:Bone
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:None
- Case:Sold separately
Grab this affordable Recording King acoustic today with a quick click or call.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Beautiful Wood
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
- Small Venues
Comments about Recording King Classic Series 000 Torrefied Adirondack Spruce Top Acoustic Guitar:
The neck seems much wider and thicker than I am used to... But that isn't to say that I won't love it once I get used to it... The sound is very nice... Loud enough with a pick and mellow & sweet under your fingers... The guitar was virtually unplayable when I got it, the truss rod was backed off all the way... but after a 5 minute stop at a local Guitar Center for an adjustment (he tech did it for free) the action is perfect...