- Product H87208
Recording King RD-227 All Solid Wood Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The all-solid RD-227 has a beautiful abalone rosette and abalone top purfling. Featuring authentic pre-war-style appointments, the RD-227 is perfect ...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
The all-solid RD-227 has a beautiful abalone rosette and abalone top purfling. Featuring authentic pre-war-style appointments, the RD-227 is perfect for players who want a great-sounding all-solid with high-end aesthetics.
The "Torch" with abalone has a solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, fully scalloped forward-x bracing, a one-piece mahogany neck, a vintage-style beveled pickguard and an ebony fretboard and vintage-style slot-through bridge.
This guitar also has a wider 1-3/4" nut that makes it great for flatpickers, bluegrass players and singer-songwriters, as well as our redesigned “torch” abalone/M.O.P. headstock inlay and abalone snowflake position markers. The Fishman Matrix EQ pickup/preamp system does an excellent job of conveying your acoustic sound and offers plenty of adjustment with discrete volume and tone controls just underneath the soundhole. Case sold separately.
An elegant guitar with a solid sitka spruce top, Indian rosewood back & sides and Fishman electronics.
- Traditional dreadnought shape with vintage style
- Solid AA Grade sitka spruce top
- East Indian rosewood back & sides
- 1-piece mahogany neck with vintage V profile
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Abalone rosette, top purfling and inlays
- Gold-plated tuning machines
- Fishman Matrix EQ pickup/preamp system
- Case sold separately
Enjoy beautiful sound and excellent build quality with your next guitar. Order today.
RD-227 All Solid Wood Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Top Material: Solid AA Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Top Bracing Pattern: Forward X-Bracing
- Top Braces: Spruce
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Vintage V
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Fretboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: M.O.P./Abalone "Torch" Design
- Tuning Machines: Gold-plated, Open-Geared Butterbean
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Rosette: Abalone
- Top Purfling: Abalone
- Fretboard Inlays: Abalone Snowflake
- Fretboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Shape: Standard
- Saddle: Bone
- Bridge Pins & Endpin: Ivory with Abalone Dot
- Pickguard: Vintage-Style
- Finish: Natural Gloss
- Electronics: Fishman Matrix EQ