- Write a Review
Beautiful "O" shape guitar with cutaway.
This is a classic parlor guitar body shape with the unusual addition of a cutaway for access to upper frets. It is a great fingerstyle guitar, as smaller acoustic cavities tend to have a quick and present response. It is a beautifully made, very handsome guitar, with complementary select tonewoods working together to make a guitar with a sharp playing response, warm and engaging tone and excellent playability. The top blends beautifully with the back and sides, and the purfling and binding in turn add just the right accent. This instrument is an ideal house pet, making the room come alive with colorful sound, rich and complex in timbre, and plenty loud enough for singalongs.
If you are unfamiliar with the torrefaction process, it behooves you to read a bit from Recording King's website on what it is and what it does for tonewoods. "Torrefaction is a specialized heating process used on our Adirondack spruce tops in which the wood is heated at a low temparature in an oxygen-free environment. This curing process reduces impurities in the wood and results in weight reduction and increased stiffness, producing a similar chemical transformation as wood that has been dried for decades. The end result is a lightweight, resonant top that produces similar tone to a vintage instrument that has been played for decades."
- Body type: Parlor
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Top wood: Spruce Torrefied
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: V
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage style open back
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Order today and have a nice instrument to play and to bring anywhere.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Stays In Tune
- Flat Sound
Comments about Recording King Studio Series 12 Fret Cutaway ThermoCure Top 0 Acoustic Guitar:
The guitar really looks good, but mine had two obvious flaws in the clear coat on the top, plus has over-applied clear at base of neck next to sound hole.
I had high expectations for sound, but it felt about like an entry laminate body, not a guitar of this price..
Not a bad guitar, just fell short of my expectations for the money. I may try one of their solid wood models...maybe.