- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Schecter Guitar Research C-1 FR-S Apocalypse Solid Body Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- J49966 000001000 J49966000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Schecter C-1 FR-S Apocalypse is an electric guitar that delivers tones guaranteed to satisfy any serious player. The C-1 swamp ash body has ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Modern versatility and performance with Sustainiac.
The Schecter C-1 FR-S Apocalypse is an electric guitar that delivers tones guaranteed to satisfy any serious player. The C-1 swamp ash body has an ultra-access cutaway that really lets you get all the way up the multi-ply maple/bubinga neck.
The rosewood fretboard on the Apocalypse C-1 has 24 extra-jumbo frets and mother of pearl triangle inlay at the 12th fret. Schecter USA pickups deliver crushing electric guitar tone.
This Driver/Pickup produces beautiful Humbucker tones when Sustain switch is off, and works as the Sustainiac Driver when switched On. The Sustainiac Driver creates an infinite feedback sustain of string vibrations by electromagnetic feedback.
Its Floyd Rose 1500 Series tremolo bridge offers stable tuning no matter how hard you dive. Schecter locking tuners and satin chrome hardware round out the C-1's killer look. Case sold separately.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Thin C
- Neck wood: Maple/bubinga multi-ply with carbon fiber reinforcement
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Extra-jumbo Stainless
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Triangle
- Nut width: 1.656 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Sustaniac
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: USA Apocalypse-VI
- Brand: Schecter
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Sustainiac OEM SYN, 9-volt Clip-in Battery Compartment
- Control layout: Volume/Tone/Intensity/3-Way (Pickup) Switch/2-Way On-Off Sustainiac Switch/3-Way Sustainiac Mode Switch (Fundamental-Mix-Harmonic)
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Floyd Rose 1500 series
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast locking
- Color: Satin chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: South Korea
Put a Schecter in your collection. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Poor Quality Craftsmanship
Comments about Schecter Guitar Research C-1 FR-S Apocalypse Solid Body Electric Guitar:
Really disappointed with the quality of this guitar. The body of the one I got is made of four different pieces of wood of varying width instead of two as pictured. Furthermore, because the guitar has a semi-natural finish, you can easily distinguish each piece so it cheapens the overall look. The fret markers have dents around them (presumably from when the luthier was carelessly hammering them in), and the area where the neck meets the body has a rough, dimpled area that wasn't properly sanded.
These defects are unacceptable in a $1000+ guitar. No idea how this got past quality control.