- J30611 000001000 J30611000001000
Schecter Guitar Research Cygnus JLX-1 with Floyd Rose Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Schecter Guitar Research Cygnus JLX-1 with Floyd Rose Electric Guitar offers players a guitar that's stage-ready at an affordable price. It comes...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Quilted maple top with signature pickups and sound.
The Schecter Guitar Research Cygnus JLX-1 with Floyd Rose Electric Guitar offers players a guitar that's stage-ready at an affordable price. It comes with plenty of features that Mr. Loomis uses to get his sound, including a gorgeous quilted maple top, swamp ash body and an Ultra-Access set neck.
The maple fretboard has a comfortable radius and ultrathin C profile for ease of play all up the neck. The Seymour Duncan Jeff Loomis pickups are designed to capture the full range of his playing style and produce output to spare. Black hardware and a Floyd Rose bridge complete the list of deluxe appointments. Case sold separately.
- Body shape: Other
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Quilted Maple
- Body wood: Swamp Ash
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Ultrathin C
- Neck wood: Maple 3-piece
- Joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 16"
- Fret size: Jumbo Stainless
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Metal crosses
- Nut width: 1.62" (41.3mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Jeff Loomis
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Jeff Loomis
- Brand: Seymour Duncan
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Floyd Rose 1500 series
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Signature model
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: South Korea
Join the growing roster of high-profile artists who rely on Schecter. Order yours today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Beautiful Finish
- Fun To Play
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Overall Feel of a Well Built High End Instrument
- Solid Electronics
- Awkward un-natural balance (headstock end dives)
- Heavy (but I'm a 110lb girl so...)
- School Bands
- Small Venues
Comments about Schecter Guitar Research Cygnus JLX-1 with Floyd Rose Electric Guitar:
I simply could not be happier☺ with my rad, Hot looking new guitar with an ugly name except for 1 issue. One issue that was almost a return-it issue for me...... but I hung in there, got accustomed & I'm now 110% in Luv♥♥♥
Although I'm only 19 I've been playing for 12 years and am usually considered serious & accomplished for my age. This is about my 15th guitar, but it's my 1st lightning bolt or I guess you could say (per my dad) kinda Gibson Explorer body shape. All of my others have been ESP's or Schecters with typical Strat, Les Paul or Vee shapes. Every other guitar I've ever owned, or played for that matter, have balanced about the same when strapped-on & at rest... With the headstock naturally higher than the guitar body at about a 45 degree angle. Because of the strap mounting point positions, the headstock of this Schecter Cygnus (that name:() gives in to gravity and aggressively dives towards the ground..... Unless you constantly support the neck with your fret hand (weird & unnatural) or hold the body end down with your pick hand forearm. This totally blew my mind for awhile. I literally played like a beginner for a couple weeks & came very close to giving it up and sending it back. The fact that It's a kinda big & heavy guitar and I'm 5' 3" 110lb girl only exasperated the problem for me..... but as I said: I stuck with it. worked through it, got used to it and now I Luv♥it.
My dad, a very accomplished guitarist, hates it because of the balance deal. We both agree that if possible, play it before buying it.
Hope this confusion made some sense to you guys':(
Service and delivery comments:
MF shipped it quickly and it arrived in perfect physical condition.
Guitar was not set up well (neck was reverse bowed, intonation poor on a few strings etc but you should be able to setup your own guitar anyway☺)