- Product 620652
Squier FSR Standard Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Squier FRS Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar'a agathis body has a cool silver sparkle flake finish. It boasts the heavy tone of a high-output humb...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A guitar with a vintage feel, high-output pickups, and a cool finish.
The Squier FRS Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar'a agathis body has a cool silver sparkle flake finish. It boasts the heavy tone of a high-output humbucking pickup in the bridge position, with classic single-coil pickups in the neck and middle positions. The Squier Stratocaster HSS is equipped with the big '70s headstock; a slim, fast-action, C-shaped neck profile; and 22 frets for enhanced playability.
- Standard Stratocaster HSS
- Model Number: 032-1700-(Color#)
- Series: Standard Series
- Body: Agathis
- Neck: Maple, C-Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
- No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Pickups: 2 Alnico Magnet Single-Coil Pickups (Neck/Mid), 1 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup),
- Pickup Selector: 5-Position Blade;
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Synchronous Twin-Pivot Tremolo
- Machine Heads: Standard Die-Cast Tuners
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: Black
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Unique Features: Large '60s Style Headstock, Parchment Plastic Parts, Gold and Black Squier Logo, Engraved Neckplate, Dot Position Inlays
- Strings: Fender Super 250L, (.009 to .042) Nickel Plated Steel, P/N 073-0250-003
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
I'm blown away by this Squier FSR Strat! I've been playing for over 30 years, and amazed they can sell such a cool looking and good playing guitar for such a low price. I gave it 5 stars in all categories. Sure it's not American made, and it doesn't say Fender, but if that were the case, it would cost 5 times as much. It plays very good right out of the box. All I had to do is tune it. Good action and a good feel to the neck. The bridge humbucker sounds good, I'd say comparable in output to a Seymour Duncan jb-4. Hot but not too hot. Great for a crunchy rock sound. The single coils sound very good too. Switching the pickup selector to just the neck pickup, with a lightly over driven amp tone gives the classic strat blues sound. Combining the neck and middle pickups with a nice clean tone give you that classic sparkly sound that you would expect from any great Strat. The silver sparkle finish is insanely cool! The guitar looks much better in person than in the picture here. I gigged with it the night I got the guitar, and it looks amazing under the stage lights. I'm really impressed. A versatile pro level guitar at a beginner price!
actually picked one of these up to have autographed as its a pretty inexpensive guitar. was impressed with the looks of it but playability not so much out of the box. i gave it a once over and got it adjusted as it should have been and it sounded 10 X better. wish something like this could have been my first guitar, great learner once set up correctly.
I hate this guitar. My pickups fell out,one of the tunning broke.... But I have to say if you don't mind that you can buy new parts and fix it up and then it works well.But it looks great.
I can't put this Squier HSS Strat down since I received it a few days ago....it is that good. I own a Gibson LP, American Kramer Baretta,Schecter C1,and other guitars and I have been playing for 28 years.The thing that is amazing about this guitar is the quality and value for the money. I literally pulled the guitar out of the box,tuned it,plugged it into my Marshall and was blown away by the tone playability and beautiful metal flake finish. The one thing that could be improved is the choice of fret wire. Yet, the frets and neck play nice right out of the box.