- J49206 000001000 J49206000001000
Supro Dual-Tone Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Dual-Tone is a reproduction of the two-pickup, fiberglass Supro electric guitar that was manufactured in the early 1960s. The Dual-Tone reissue g...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The unique sonic characteristics of the original res-o-glass models.
The Dual-Tone is a reproduction of the two-pickup, fiberglass Supro electric guitar that was manufactured in the early 1960s. The Dual-Tone reissue guitar mates a chambered Mahogany back with a newly-developed, composite “Acousti-glass” top. This updated construction preserves the instrument’s Art Deco aesthetics and timeless sound while improving its semi-hollow acoustic resonance and tuning stability.
The Dual-Tone’s vintage-correct tuners, Art Deco stairstep tailpiece and adjustable rosewood bridge are joined by a faithful replica of the legendary Vistatone pickup to bring you a fully realized and worthy reissue of this classic Supro guitar. The Vistatone pickups found in the Supro Dual-Tone are a reproduction of the groundbreaking, single coil design developed for Valco by Ralph Keller in the early 1950s. The Vistatone pickup is cited as prior art in Seth Lover’s PAF patent and is found in many of the most desirable vintage Supro models.
The Supro Dual-Tone has a powerful, electric swamp-blues tone that is anything but subtle. It’s a gnarly sounding instrument that loves tube amps and fuzz pedals of all kinds. The neck pickup sounds huge and wooly, while the bridge pickup has an unmistakable midrange growl that is downright dirty. Our semi-hollow recipe of an Acousti-glass top and mahogany body retains the unique sonic characteristics of the original res-o-glass models while providing today’s musicians with a lightweight, highly playable instrument that stays in tune and is easy to maintain.
The Dual-Tone guitar and its relatives in the Americana Series of Supro electric guitars were designed by Trevor Wilkinson and David Koltai to capture the spirit and sound of the Art Deco-influenced, historic line of Supro instruments. Case sold separately.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Other
- Top wood: Acousti-glass
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: Not specified
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Block
- Nut width: Not specified
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Supro Vistatone
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Supro Vistatone
- Brand: Supro
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: '50s wiring
- Control layout: Master volume, volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Rosewood
- Tailpiece: Trapeze
- Tuning machines: Supro style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Adjustment tools
- Country of origin: China
Go retro. Go Supro. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.