- Write a Review
Old school vibe with modern technology for classic performance.
The quick response, balance and projection ordinarily found in a well-played vintage instrument is yours right out of the case with the EF340S-TT. A solid spruce 'Thermal Top' drives solid American mahogany back and sides on this traditional non-cutaway dreadnought. Faux tortoise shell binding and pickguard, open gear butterbean tuners and understated 'T' logo appropriately accentuate the vintage sound of this killer instrument. The vintage look, feel and sound of this hand crafted instrument must be experienced to be believed. Factor in the world-renowned Takamine ‘Palathetic’ pickup and the organic transparency of the low-profile, high-performance TLD-2 line driver preamp, and you have the absolute best of all acoustic guitar worlds.
- Body type:Dreadnought
- Top wood:SolidSpruce Thermal Top
- Back & sides:Solid American Mahogany
- Bracing pattern:Info not available
- Body finish:Natural Gloss
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:Info not available
- Nut width:Info not available
- Neck wood:Mahogany
- Scale length:info not available
- Number of frets:20
- Neck finish:Natural Gloss
- Brand: Takamine
- Configuration:Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ:No
- Feedback filter:No
- Headstock overlay:Mahogany
- Tuning machines:Open gearedbutterbean
- Saddle & nut:Bone
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:None
- Case:Sold separately
Order this special Takamine today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Excellent Craftsmanship
- Excellent Tone
- Good Feel
- Neck Feel To Die For*
- Inaccurate Info. On This Website
- Poor Marketing
Comments about Takamine TAKEF340STT Thermal Top Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
Takamine hit one "out of the park" in my opinion. Japanese made; Outstanding craftsmanship and wood selection. Tonal qualities equal to, or exceed IMO, U.S. series D-18 and D-16 Martin. Bone nut and saddle from the factory! Set up and action- EXCELLENT out of the box; I've not experience that with the Martins I've owned (HD-18; D-18SS) or my Santa Cruz DPW. The neck is asymmetric- meaning that it is not "evenly" contoured from Bass to Treble side. This enables, for me at least, to play complex chords and barre chords 'up the neck' without fatigue. The neck is robust- thicker that a standard acoustic in this class. Another BIG plus for me but would probably not be for everyone. All I will further say praising this guitar is; you owe it to yourself to try one if you are looking for a well balanced, tone machine, in this price range; fingerstyle and flatpick with great response and sound. Now the downside; Takamine, for whatever reason, has a reputation as being only good plugged in (it IS excellent in that arena- compare it to a Taylor "expression system" and let your ears tell you the truth!) but it is phenomenal played acoustically, too. Takamine- why aren;t you pushing the marketing to turn on others to this guitar? ALSO- the guitar suffers from "Headstock-itis", meaning that because is doesn't say Martin, Taylor, Gibson etc on the headstock some players won't give it a fair shot. Stupid IMO but that's hard to overcome without excellent marketing strategy and time. ALSO MUSICIANS FRIEND- get the spec sheet right in the description!! I've bought a lot of equipment from you folks over the past two years- spent a lot of money; you guys deserve your good reputation! BUT, for instance- you have "Hardshell Case: Optional" listed. The GUITAR COMES WITH A HARDSHELL CASE FROM THE DISTRIBUTOR (ESP). Are you TRYING to limit sales of this guitar? I called you on this- spoke to a CSR twice but they WOULD NOT CONFIRM, so unfortunately for you, I bought it elsewhere.