- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 100 Series 2017 110ce Rosewood Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- J46699 000001000 J46699000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's 100 Series is a great guitar-playing experience accessible to everyone with these real wood instruments. 2017 models, like the 110ce Rosewoo...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Great balanced tone thanks to layered body and Taylor design expertise.
Taylor's 100 Series is a great guitar-playing experience accessible to everyone with these real wood instruments. 2017 models, like the 110ce Rosewood Dreadnought, have layered rosewood backs and sides, as well as new architecture for even more volume and dynamics. For people taking the first or next step in their musical journey, these instruments promise to accelerate players' growth and enhance their enjoyment. Taylor's famous neck profile combined with a 1-11/16 in. nut width make it easy for developing players to form barre chords. All 100 Series models include a durable, 600-denier nylon gig bag with double-stitched seams and reinforced stress points, built by Taylor for an optimal fit.
The Dreadnought is one of the most traditional acoustic guitar shapes. Taylor's version has been refined to blend its trademark robust low-end tone with a snappy midrange and brilliant treble notes, producing a pleasing balance of power and articulation. If you're a flatpicker or strummer who likes to dig in on lead or rhythm, the Dreadnought should serve you well.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Taylor’s layered rosewood backs and sides incorporate three layers of wood, featuring a middle core of poplar with a veneer on each side. While layered woods won’t produce quite as complex a sound as solid woods, they allow Taylor to blend exotic looks with climate-resilient construction. Layered wood is less susceptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the- saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco- conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Layered Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard II (Forward Shift Pattern)
- Body finish: Varnish
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Sapele
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Varnish
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Chrome Tuners with Chrome Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Gig Bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Grab this special Taylor today! Pick up the phone or click to order now.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.