- K36224 000001000 K36224000001000
Taylor 200 Series Deluxe 220ce-K DLX Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Taylor's 200 Deluxe Series delivers all the essentials of a great guitar - exquisite playability, a full and articulate voice, impeccable intonation ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An affordable option for those looking to enjoy the sound and look of koa.
Taylor's 200 Deluxe Series delivers all the essentials of a great guitar - exquisite playability, a full and articulate voice, impeccable intonation up the neck, and Taylor's top-of-the-line, professional- grade pickup - at a price that's within reach of many. This collection strikes a sweet balance between tasteful design constraint and aesthetic variety, bringing Taylor's signature tonal clarity and playability into a stage-worthy mix of guitar options. The Deluxe moniker refers to the addition of a fully-glossed body as opposed to a glossy top with satin back and sides. In addition, like all 200 Deluxe Series guitars, this one ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Solid Hawaiian Koa is a hardwood that produces a natural compression, yielding more of a controlled "roll-in" effect to a note. The compression evens out a lively attack for a more balanced response. It delivers strong fundamentals with clear and direct focus - similar to mahogany - but with extra top-end shimmer and chime. Layered Hawaiian Koa back and sides create a visually appealing and complementary platform for the vibrating string energy sent by the guitar's top. Layered wood is less succeptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the- saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco- conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Hawaiian koa
- Back and sides: Layered Hawaiian koa
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard II (Forward shift pattern) Tone bars
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Sapele
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor Shadow
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Chrome tuners with chrome buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "wave" saddle/Nubone nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Full gloss bod y with shaded edge burst
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Order this special Taylor guitar today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.