- Product J04318
Taylor 2014 500 Series 522e Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Taylor's all-mahogany 500 Series 522e Grand Concert 12-Fret Acoustic-Electric Guitar blends mahogany's meaty midrange character with the focused soun...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A shorter scale with a smooth character that works well for blues, country and ragtime picking.
Taylor's all-mahogany 500 Series 522e Grand Concert 12-Fret Acoustic-Electric Guitar blends mahogany's meaty midrange character with the focused sound of a smaller body. The short-scale (24-7/8") neck also makes fretting easier. Distinctive appointments include a black pickguard, ivoroid binding and rosette, an ivoroid Century fretboard inlay, and Taylor Expression System 2 acoustic electronics. Includes Taylor deluxe hard shell case.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller that its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. The Grand Concert pairs well with both 14-fret and 12-fret neck-to-body construction, and offers an articulate voice with top-end chime. It's perfect for fingerstyle players and light strummers, though flatpickers are known to enjoy its tonal character too. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
Tone Wood Pairing
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Tropical mahogany is known for a meaty midrange featuring a strong fundamental without adding a lot of ringing overtones. It responds well to players with a strong attack who like dry, earthy, lo-fi sounds. It has a natural compression that smooths out strumming and picking technique. Mahogany's clear and direct tonal character makes it a great option for playing and standing out among other instruments.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in.
The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, bass and treble controls.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Concert
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Back & sides: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance Bracing (Forward Shift with Relief Rout)
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Faux-Tortoise-Bound Sound Hole
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Enjoy improved Taylor tone with ES2 electronics. Order today.
- Shape: Grand Concert
- Back/Side Wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Top Wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Body Length: 19-1/2"
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Body Width: 15"
- Cutaway: None
- Body Depth: 4-3/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing: Forward Shifted Pattern with Relief Rout
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay: Century
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Truss Rod Cover: Ebony
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Number of Frets: 20
- Armrest Binding: None
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze HD Light
- Buttons: Nickel
- Edge Trim: None
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Fretboard Binding: Ivoroid
- Heel Cap Binding: Ivoroid
- Heel length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Inlay: None
- Peghead Binding: Ivoroid
- Peghead Logo: Ivoroid
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Rosette Mat.: Ivoroid
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Stain/Sunburst; Medium Brown Stain
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Wedge: None