- J51482 000001000 J51482000001000
Taylor 300 Series 312 Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Taylor's 300 Series has introduced countless players to the pleasures of the all-solid-wood acoustic experience; it's the entry point to Taylor's USA...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Solid-wood Taylor with fast response for fingerstyle.
Taylor's 300 Series has introduced countless players to the pleasures of the all-solid-wood acoustic experience; it's the entry point to Taylor's USA-made instrument line. Players who step up to a 300 Series instrument will be rewarded with a guitar-for-a-lifetime that will only sound better with age. The 300 Series instruments ship in a deluxe hard shell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Tone Wood Pairing
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions, which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Solid Sapele back and sides complement the top with a sound that's comparable to mahogany but with a slightly brighter sound featuring top-end shimmer, and balance across the tonal spectrum. Sapele responds well to a variety of playing styles and fits nicely into an instrument mix.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller that its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. It's perfect for fingerstyle players and light strummers, though flatpickers are known to enjoy its tonal character too. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Grand Concert/OO
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Sapele
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance bracing (Standard III with Relief Rout)
- Body finish: Gloss top, Satin back & sides
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.87 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Nickel
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
Beautiful tone. Order soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.