- J31981 000001000 J31981000001000
Taylor 300 Series 324-SEB Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
Taylor's 300 Series has introduced countless players to the pleasures of the all-solid-wood acoustic experience; it's the entry point to Taylor's USA...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A versatile body size with tonal and visual character.
Taylor's 300 Series has introduced countless players to the pleasures of the all-solid-wood acoustic experience; it's the entry point to Taylor's USA-made instrument line. Players who step up to a 300 Series instrument will be rewarded with a guitar-for-a-lifetime that will only sound better with age. It doesn't take but a few strums to learn how the mix of tone woods, construction and appointments combine to make Taylor's famous playability, intonation and tone. The 300 Series has everything you need and nothing you don't need in a fantastic sounding and playing instrument. All 300 Series instruments ship in a deluxe hard shell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
Tone Wood Pairing
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Mahogany is a hardwood that produces a natural compression, yielding more "roll-in" effect to a note. The compression evens out a lively attack for a more linear response. Mahogany tops deliver strong fundamentals with clear and direct focus. Tonally, blackwood behaves somewhere in the middle of rosewood and mahogany, with a little extra shimmer and chime that shows its family resemblance to koa. Pairing blackwood with the mahogany top not only gives you that roll-in effect associated with a mahogany top - really smooth attack and balance - but extra complexity as the note decays. It's a great combination.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Back & sides: Solid Blackwood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard III with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Satin 5.0 Top, Back and Sides
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: None
- Headstock overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Taylor New Technology ("NT") Neck System
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Choose a guitar that will last a lifetime. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Attractive price point
- Great warmth and sustain
- Would like a gloss finish option
Comments about Taylor 300 Series 324-SEB Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar:
This is a great guitar for strumming, particularly if you are looking for a lush, warm, tone with lots of sustain. It's a Mahogany top so are aren't going to get the 'snappy' response and note-to-note separation you get with spruce. This guitar is loud for a Mahogany-topped instrument, although still not quite a loud as Spruce. Taylor has a real winner on their hands here. In my opinion this series absolutely smokes the Mahogany-topped Martin 15-series. Anybody looking for a Mahogany-topped guitar should make a point to try this series out. My 324 competes well with my other guitars that are 2x-3x the price.
- Was this a gift?: