- J14564 000001000 J14564000001000
Taylor 400 Series 412ce-N Grand Concert Nylon String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
One of the alluring traits of a nylon-string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of any song. This makes a nylo...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A compact nylon string with a Sitka spruce top with Venetian cutaway, ovangkol back and sides, and ES-N electronics.
One of the alluring traits of a nylon-string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of any song. This makes a nylon an indispensible tool for songwriting, recording and performance, letting you weave a different flavor or rhythmic texture into your music. Taylor nylons achieve the same exceptional playability as their steel-string siblings, offering a smooth crossover with a sleek profile neck, a 1-7/8-inch nut width (compared to a much wider traditional classical neck), and a slight fingerboard radius (20-inch compared to 15-inch on Taylor steel-strings).
With a Taylor nylon-string in your acoustic toolbox, you might be surprised by how often you end up reaching for it. Taylor's ovangkol 400 Series guitars continue to be discovered and embraced by players, thanks in part to a compelling full-range tone profile that's comparable to rosewood. Ovangkol's natural tonal breadth and dynamic range fit many different playing applications. An all-gloss body adds a burnished complexion that ties ovangkol's toasted golden color tones together with the buttery Sitka Spruce top. All 400 Series instruments ship in a deluxe hard shell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller that its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Solid ovangkol back and sides complement the top with a sound that's comparable to rosewood. Ovangkol is an African relative of rosewood that shares a wide tonal spectrum from lows to highs, but with a slightly fuller midrange and a bright treble that resembles koa.
The ES-N is a single-source, under-saddle transducer, but the preamp design and tone controls were customized to complement the nylon-string voice. Taylor's standard ES control knobs (Volume, Treble and Bass) enable plenty of tone-shaping and preserve the natural design aesthetic.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Guitar size: Concert (Length 19-1/2", Width 15")
- Cutaway: Yes - NS Soft
- Body type: Taylor Grand Concert
- Body depth: 4-3/8"
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Ovangkol
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Nylon GC Bracing
- Body finish: Glossy Top; Satin Back and Sides
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Nut width: 1 7/8" (47.6mm)
- Neck Shape: Taylor Standard Nylon Profile
- Neck Wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Joint: Taylor NT (New Technology) Neck System
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 17
- Truss rod: Yes
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: ES-N
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Under-Saddle Piezo
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Treble, Bass
- Notch filter: None
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nylon Chrome with Pearloid Buttons
- Rosette: 3-Ring Plastic
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Tusq
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: 20" Fingerboard Radius; Neck and Body Join at 12th Fret
- Case: Deluxe Taylor Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
If you love the sound of nylon strings but need a bit more oomph on occasion, this guitar is a great choice for you.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.