- J47905 000001000 J47905000001000
Taylor 400 Series 416ce Limited Edition Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
This Taylor Limited Edition Grand Symphony is brimming with custom aesthetics and offers a custom wood set at a fraction of the price of a custom gui...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Beautiful tonewoods and solid appointments make this limited edition a must-have.
This Taylor Limited Edition Grand Symphony is brimming with custom aesthetics and offers a custom wood set at a fraction of the price of a custom guitar. It features a solid figured walnut back with an offset-color maple mini wedge. Figured walnut sides, solid Western Red cedar top, and hard rock maple neck. Appointments include a maple binding, 3-ring rosette with maple in an interlocking “fishbone”-style pattern, engraved Italian acrylic Victorian fretboard inlays, full-gloss body, Venetian cutaway and Taylor nickel tuners. The guitar features a limited edition label, comes with Expression System 2 electronics, and ships in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightely wider "waist" area, and the bigger soundboard (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Think of the top as a speaker driver. It's also one reason why the sounboard bracing architecture is important - it helps orchestrate the movement of the top and the voice of the instrument. The back and sides help flavor the overall sound. Western Red Cedar is less dense than spruce, resulting in a beautifully warm, played-in sound. It's midrange bloom adds complexity to a guitar's tone. It responds best to a lighter picking/strumming attack. Figured walnut back/sides provide a visually exquisite and sonically-transparent platform which lets cedar's attributes shine, especially on the slightly more spacious Grand Symphony profile.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Western Red Cedar
- Back & sides: Solid Figured Walnut with Maple Mini-Wedge (on Back)
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss, Clear
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Hard Rock Maple
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-Band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Special Edition Label; Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge Strings
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Order this special Taylor today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.