- J32534 000001000 J32534000001000
Taylor 400 Series 458e Grand Orchestra 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Taylor’s Grand Orchestra 12-strings are voiced to pump out a powerful sound loaded with lush detail and richly ringing octave shimmer. The ovangkol/s...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Exotic ovangkol body coupled with industry standard Sitka spruce top for a well-balanced attack.
Taylor’s Grand Orchestra 12-strings are voiced to pump out a powerful sound loaded with lush detail and richly ringing octave shimmer. The ovangkol/spruce 458e leverages ovangkol’s naturally full-range tone profile — similar to that of rosewood with a bit more midrange — to create an expansive, well-balanced 12-string sound. Lively strummers will enjoy exploring the expressive musical personality of this big-bodied acoustic. With Taylor’s onboard Expression System 2 electronics, all that double-course detail will translate into a clear amplified voice.
The most commonly used wood for guitar tops, Sitka generates a broad dynamic range and accommodates numerous playing styles, from aggressive strumming to fingerpicking.
An African relative of rosewood, ovangkol shares many of rosewood’s tonal properties, including a wide spectrum from lows and highs. Differences include a slightly fuller midrange and a bright treble response resembling that of koa.
Expression System 2
Taylor’s breakthrough acoustic pickup marks a major advance in piezo technology thanks to a patented behind-the-saddle design. The unique placement of three piezo sensors captures a more dynamic range of acoustic sound and responds well in a variety of settings.
- Body type: Grand Orchestra
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Ovangkol
- Bracing pattern: Standard with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.875" (47.62mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind the saddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: No
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
This 12-string has some zing. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.