- Product J04328
Taylor 500 Series 524e Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Overview Mahogany's focused midrange is elevated to new heights with a mahogany top, especially in the form of Taylor's Grand Auditorium body style, ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Natural compression perfect for modating snappy pluckers and lively strummers
Overview Mahogany's focused midrange is elevated to new heights with a mahogany top, especially in the form of Taylor's Grand Auditorium body style, known for its superb tonal balance. The tone of this GA is meaty yet clear, and translates into a great amplified sound with Taylor's Expression System 2 electronics. Appointments include a black pickguard, ivoroid binding and rosette, and a Century fretboard inlay. Ships in a deluxe hard shell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
Tone Wood Pairing
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Tropical mahogany is known for a meaty midrange featuring a strong fundamental without adding a lot of ringing overtones. It responds well to players with a strong attack who like dry, earthy, lo-fi sounds. It has a natural compression that smooths out strumming and picking technique. Mahogany's clear and direct tonal character makes it a great option for playing and standing out among other instruments.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, bass and treble controls.
Building remarkable 12-strings is part of Taylor's heritage. Their ease-of-play, their neck stability, their intonation and their overall tone has made them the most popular 12-strings on the market. Taylor's slim neck profile and New Technology ("NT") neck system allow precise and low action, resulting in the most comfortable "handfeel" possible in a 12-string guitar.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Back & sides: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard II with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Genuine Ebony Bridge Pins
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Enjoy improved Taylor tone with ES2 electronics. Order today.
- Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Back/Side Wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Top Wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Body Length: 20"
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Body Width: 16"
- Cutaway: None
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing: Forward Shifted Pattern with Relief Rout
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay: Century
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Truss Rod Cover: Ebony
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Number of Frets: 20
- Armrest Binding: None
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze HD Light
- Buttons: Nickel
- Edge Trim: None
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Fretboard Binding: Ivoroid
- Heel Cap Binding: Ivoroid
- Heel length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Inlay: None
- Peghead Binding: Ivoroid
- Peghead Logo: Ivoroid
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Rosette Mat.: Ivoroid
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Stain/Sunburst: Medium Brown Stain
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Wedge: None