- J51901 000001000 J51901000001000
Taylor 800 Deluxe Series 814ce DLX Brazilian Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The essence of the Taylor playing experience lives within the Rosewood/Spruce 800 Series. The new 800 Deluxe Series features all the voicing enhancem...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The 800 Series, updated with Brazilian rosewood and more.
The essence of the Taylor playing experience lives within the Rosewood/Spruce 800 Series. The new 800 Deluxe Series features all the voicing enhancements and aesthetic refinements of Taylor’s standard rosewood/spruce 800 Series, with three upgraded features: a newly designed radius-style armrest in maple with rosewood top edge trim, Adirondack spruce bracing, and chrome Gotoh tuners. This beauty also features the rarest of upgrades: Brazilian rosewood back and sides. A true connoisseur's instrument that's to be cherished for a lifetime.
The Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear and balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
Tone Wood Pairing
Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions, which translate into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Solid Indian rosewood back and sides complement the Sitka top with sound that's made it one of the most popular tone woods ever. Brazilian rosewood is considered the holy grail of tone woods and produces the fullest, wide-spectrum sonority in an acoustic guitar. Its sweeping frequency range - deep lows that assert a throaty growl, mids that cut through a mix, and sparkling, bell-like highs - Brazilian rosewood rings out like no other.
System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Custom-calibrated wood thicknesses and bracing for each body shape, 3.5 mil finish thickness, protein glue (bracing and bridge), rosewood pickguard, rosewood top trim, single ring abalone rosette edged with rosewood, pearl "Element" fingerboard inlay, maple binding (non-figured).
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Brazilian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Advanced performance with relief rout
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Radius Armrest
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Adirondack bracing, radius armrest and chrome Gotohs. Order one soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.