- Product 516492
Taylor Acoustic Series GS5-12 Grand Symphony 12-String Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Taylor GS5-12 Grand Symphony is a 12-String acoustic guitar that combines the exceptionally warm and articulate tones of tropical mahogany with a...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The GS5-12 will change your expectations about 12-string playability.
The Taylor GS5-12 Grand Symphony is a 12-String acoustic guitar that combines the exceptionally warm and articulate tones of tropical mahogany with a Sitka spruce top. You get a guitar with wide dynamic range and mellow warm tone. The traditional acoustic guitar styling of the Taylor GS5-12 creates an elegant, understated look, but with the power and richness only a 12-string guitar can deliver.
Though you might see similarities to a Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony guitar is unique in both sound and shape. Significant changes in its geometry yield a deeper more piano-like bass. A wider lower bout and higher, wider waist return ample volume and low-end sustain in symphony with fuller mids and balanced highs.
The finish used to create this Taylor 12-string guitar's lustrous gloss top, back, and sides was developed at Taylor for maximum durability and resistance to cold-checking. This ultraviolet-cured finish is also more environmentally friendly than traditional lacquer finishes.
- Type/Shape: 12-String Grand Symphony
- Back & Sides: Tropical American mahogany
- Top: Western red cedar
- Soundhole Rosette: Abalone
- Neck: Tropical American mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony with Binding
- Fretboard Inlay: Abalone Dots
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Ebony
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gold-plated Taylor Tuners
- Strings: Elixir Light Gauge Strings with NANOWEB Coating
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Neck Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Bracing: Standard II (Forward Shifted Pattern With Relief Rout)
- Finish: Gloss
- Color Options: Natural with Tobacco Edgeburst
- Left-Handed: Available; No Charge
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4-5/8"
- Body Length: 20"
- Overall Length: 41"
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell
Mahogany provides low end while Sitka spruce adds extra sparkle to the high end. Order your GS5-12 today.