- Write a Review
A quality solid-top dreadnought with a reduced body size for smaller players.
The Baby Taylor's scaled-up sibling, the Big Baby (15/16th-size), makes a sleek yet full-sounding travel companion with its svelte four-inch body depth, which is about a half-inch shallower than the depth of a standard Dreadnought. Slightly bigger than a Baby Taylor and just shy of a full-size guitar, the Big Baby Taylor is ideal for easy-playing, great-sounding guitar fun. The overall size keeps you in the "portable" category, yet with an extra dose of volume and fullness. Like the Baby, the Big Baby has an arched back that provides strength and contributes to its big tonal output. All Big Baby Taylor models ship with a durable travel-worthy gig bag made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Layered back and sides create a sturdy yet receptive platform for the vibrating string energy sent by the guitar's top. Layered wood is less susceptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Dreadnought 15/16th-Scale
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Layered Sapele
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard Big Baby X-Bracing
- Body finish: Matte 2.0
- Orientation: Left-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Big Baby Profile
- Nut width: 1-11/16" (42.8mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Sapele
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Matte 2.0
- Pickup/preamp: None
- Headstock overlay: Lexan
- Tuning machines: Chrome Big Baby Tuners and Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta Saddle and Nubone Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: n/a
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Big Baby Gig Bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Taylor Guitars Factory, Tecate, Mexico
Small players deserve great sounding guitars too. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Great Price
- Left Handed
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about Big Baby Taylor Left-Handed Acoustic Guitar:
I got this a couple of days ago, this is one fine instrument, you're getting double what you pay for, the only thing i might brag about is the body/neck weight, it feels kind of unbalanced, having the neck a bit heavier than the body, but i'm getting used to it pretty quick, so this isn't something to stop you from getting it.
P.s Musicians friend, great customer service!