- J04615 000001000 J04615000001000
Taylor Koa Series K20e Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
Words fail to adequately convey what might be referred to in Hawaiian as the nani ko-kı- (supremely beautiful) appearance of Taylor's Hawaiian koa gu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Traditional guitar shape with non-traditional tonewoood and modern electronics make this a one-of-a-kind instrument worth every penny.
Words fail to adequately convey what might be referred to in Hawaiian as the nani ko-kı- (supremely beautiful) appearance of Taylor's Hawaiian koa guitars, especially those featuring an all-koa body. The Taylor K20e celebrates that beauty with an all-wood appointment scheme that features their fluid Island Vine fretboard inlay in blackwood and maple, along with rosewood binding and maple top trim. A hand-sprayed shaded edgeburst enhances koa’s rich blend of color, figure and grain structure, adding a tasteful vintage aura. The best part: With time and extended play, a koa guitar’s voice will only grow sweeter and warmer, especially in the midrange.
The Dreadnought is one of the most traditional acoustic guitar shapes. Taylor's version has been refined to blend its trademark robust low-end tone with a snappy midrange and brilliant treble notes, producing a pleasing balance of power and articulation. If you're a flatpicker or strummer who likes to dig in on lead or rhythm, the Taylor Dreadnought will serve you well.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Think of the top as a speaker driver. It's also one reason why the sounboard bracing architecture is important - it helps orchestrate the movement of the top and the voice of the instrument. The back and sides help flavor the overall sound. Koa is a fairly dense tropical hardwood with a strong midrange focus similar to mahogany, with a bit of extra top-end brightness and chime. The more koa is played and has a chance to open up - especially when the back and sides are also solid koa - it promises to grow warmer and sweeter, especially in the midrange.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Maple top trim, blackwood/maple "Island Vine" fingerboard inlay, peghead inlay, single ring rosewood/maple rosette, Indian rosewood binding.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Back & sides: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard III with relief rout
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0 with Shaded Edge Burst
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind the saddle transducer with adjustable sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: See "Other Features" above
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Make an investment you'll always be proud of. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.