- J53385 000001000 J53385000001000
Taylor Koa Series K22ce Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
Words fail to adequately convey what might be referred to in Hawaiian as the "nani ko-kı" (supremely beautiful) appearance of Taylor's Hawaiian koa g...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Tropical beauty for the eyes and ears.
Words fail to adequately convey what might be referred to in Hawaiian as the "nani ko-kı" (supremely beautiful) appearance of Taylor's Hawaiian koa guitars, especially those featuring an all-koa body, like the Koa Series K22ce Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric. The K22ce celebrates that beauty with an all-wood appointment scheme that features Taylor's fluid Island Vine fretboard inlay in blackwood and maple, along with rosewood binding and maple top trim. A hand-sprayed shaded edgeburst enhances koa’s rich blend of color, figure and grain structure, adding a tasteful vintage aura. The best part: With time and extended play, a koa guitar’s voice will only grow sweeter and warmer, especially in the midrange.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller that its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. The Grand Concert pairs well with both 14-fret and 12-fret neck-to-body construction, and offers an articulate voice with top-end chime. It's perfect for fingerstyle players and light strummers, though flatpickers are known to enjoy its tonal character too. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Think of the top as a speaker driver. It's also one reason why the sounboard bracing architecture is important - it helps orchestrate the movement of the top and the voice of the instrument. The back and sides help flavor the overall sound. Koa is a fairly dense tropical hardwood with a strong midrange focus similar to mahogany, with a bit of extra top-end brightness and chime. The more koa is played and has a chance to open up - especially when the back and sides are also solid koa - it promises to grow warmer and sweeter, especially in the midrange.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Maple top edge trim, ebony binding, blackwood/maple "Island Vine" fingerboard inlay, peghead inlay.
The Taylor Difference?
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Grand Concert
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Back & sides: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard III with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss with Shaded Edge Burst
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.87 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Gold with Gold Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickup System
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Order this special Taylor today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.