- J52103 000001000 J52103000001000
Taylor Koa Series K24ce Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
Taylor’s Hawaiian koa guitars, especially those featuring an all-koa body, are breathtakingly beautiful. Taylor celebrates that beauty here with an a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The beauty of Hawaiian loa with top-end chime and a sweet midrange.
Taylor’s Hawaiian koa guitars, especially those featuring an all-koa body, are breathtakingly beautiful. Taylor celebrates that beauty here with an all-wood appointment scheme that features Taylor’s fluid Island Vine fretboard inlay in blackwood and maple, along with rosewood binding and maple top trim. A hand- sprayed shaded edgeburst enhances koa’s rich blend of color, figure and grain structure, adding a tasteful vintage aura. With time and extended play, a koa guitar’s voice will only grow sweeter and warmer, especially in the midrange.
Grand Concert Shape
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller that its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. It is perfect for fingerstyle players and light strummers, though flatpickers are known to enjoy its tonal character too. Its intimate size makes it lap and couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
Tone Wood Pairing
Koa is a fairly dense tropical hardwood with a strong midrange focus similar to mahogany, with a bit of extra top-end brightness and chime. The more koa is played and has a chance to open up - especially when the back and sides are also solid koa - it promises to grow warmer and sweeter, especially in the midrange.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which together with Taylor’s custom-designed preamp produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness.
- Body type: Grand Concert
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Back & sides: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard III
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gold
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Beauty in design, wood selection and tone. Consider this instrument.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.