- J04633 000001000 J04633000001000
Taylor Koa Series K24e Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
Words fail to adequately convey what might be referred to in Hawaiian as the nani ko-kı- (supremely beautiful) appearance of Taylor's Hawaiian koa gu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Gorgeous colors with a tone that's bright and focused with warm overtones.
Words fail to adequately convey what might be referred to in Hawaiian as the nani ko-kı- (supremely beautiful) appearance of Taylor's Hawaiian koa guitars, especially those featuring an all-koa body. Taylor celebrates that beauty with an all-wood appointment scheme that features their fluid Island Vine fretboard inlay in blackwood and maple, along with rosewood binding and maple top trim. A hand-sprayed shaded edgeburst enhances koa’s rich blend of color, figure and grain structure, adding a tasteful vintage aura. The best part: With time and extended play, a koa guitar’s voice will only grow sweeter and warmer, especially in the midrange.
Includes hardshell case.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice. The K24ce offers players the ultimate all-purpose guitar. Its balance, warmth and articulation are great for fingerstyle, it has enough punch as a strummer to front a band, and the top-end power will fuel lead runs without getting shrill. It's a great choice for a gigging player looking for one guitar that can cover it all.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Think of the top as a speaker driver. It's also one reason why the sounboard bracing architecture is important - it helps orchestrate the movement of the top and the voice of the instrument. The back and sides help flavor the overall sound. Koa is a fairly dense tropical hardwood with a strong midrange focus similar to mahogany, with a bit of extra top-end brightness and chime. The more koa is played and has a chance to open up - especially when the back and sides are also solid koa - it promises to grow warmer and sweeter, especially in the midrange.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Maple top trim, blackwood/maple "Island Vine" fingerboard inlay, peghead inlay, single ring rosewood/maple rosette, Indian rosewood binding.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type:Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Top wood:Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Back & sides:Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Bracing pattern:Taylor Standard III with Relief Rout
- Body finish:Gloss 6.0 with Shaded Edge Burst (Entire Guitar)
- Neck shape:Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width:1.75 in. (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard:Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood:Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length:25.5 in.
- Number of frets:20
- Neck finish:Satin
- Pickup/preamp:Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Configuration:Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ:2-Band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Headstock overlay:Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines:Taylor Gold Tuners with Gold Buttons
- Bridge:Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut:Bone
- Number of strings:6
- Special features:See "Other Features" above
- Case:Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Country of origin:United States
Enjoy improved Taylor tone with ES2 electronics. Order today.
Koa Series K24e Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Back/Side Wood: Hawaiian Koa
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Top Wood: Hawaiian Koa
- Body Length: 20"
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Body Width: 16"
- Cutaway: None
- Body Depth: 4-5/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing: CV Bracing with Relief Rout
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay: Island Vine
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Binding: Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Taylor Gold
- Truss Rod Cover: Ebony
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Pickguard: None
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Number of Frets: 20
- Armrest Binding: None
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze HD Light
- Buttons: Gold
- Edge Trim: Maple
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Fretboard Binding: Indian Rosewood
- Heel Cap Binding: Indian Rosewood
- Heel length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Inlay: Island Vine
- Peghead Binding: Indian Rosewood
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Maple
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Rosette Mat.: Rosewood/Maple/Rosewood
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Stain/Sunburst: Shaded Edgeburst
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Wedge: None
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.