- J04613 000001000 J04613000001000
Taylor Presentation Series 2014 PS10e Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Each set of cocobolo deemed worthy of Taylor's Presentation Series is a unique work of art, as showcased by the hardwood’s fiery hues and dramatic st...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The pinnacle of Taylor craftsmanship.
Each set of cocobolo deemed worthy of Taylor's Presentation Series is a unique work of art, as showcased by the hardwood’s fiery hues and dramatic stripes and swirls of variegation. Exquisite craftsmanship follows every line of the guitar, as thin ribbons of sparkling paua trace the top, back, sides and fretboard. One of the most striking design features is a sleek ebony armrest, which supplies a harmonious marriage of form and function, offering players a beautiful and ergonomic contour that paves the way to effortless picking and prevents unintended damping of the soundboard. In every way, a masterful attention to detail sets these guitars apart from all others in the Taylor line.
The dreadnought is one of the most traditional acoustic guitar shapes. Taylor's version has been refined to blend its trademark robust low-end tone with a snappy midrange and brilliant treble notes, producing a pleasing balance of power and articulation. If you're a flatpicker or strummer who likes to dig in on lead or rhythm, the Taylor Dreadnought will serve you well.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. A Mexican rosewood, cocobolo is a dense, stiff tropical hardwood that produces a fairly bright overall tone emphasized by sparkling treble notes. Sonically it resembles koa but resonates a little deeper on the low end, although not quite as deep as Indian rosewood. Fast and responsive, cocobolo’s note distinction gives it an articulate voice that responds well to a variety of playing styles, depending on the body shape.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Premium features include an ebony armrest, paua "Nouveau" fretboard inlay, paua trim (on the top, back, sides, fretboard extension, fretboard, peghead and armrest), cocobolo backstrap, peghead and bridge inlays, bone nut and abalone dot bridge pins.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Taylor Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Cocobolo
- Bracing pattern: CV Bracing Pattern with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-Band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Gold Tuners with Gold Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: See "Other Features" above
- Case: Taylor Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Experience the best that there is. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.