- J26121 000000000 J26121000000000
Taylor Presentation Series PS18e Grand Orchestra Macassar Ebony Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The dramatically variegated sets of Macassar ebony selected for the back and sides of our Presentation Series are each unique and always spectacular....Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A bold and beautiful ergonomically and ear-gonomically friendly package.
The dramatically variegated sets of Macassar ebony selected for the back and sides of our Presentation Series are each unique and always spectacular. Together with the many other finely composed design details that adorn these guitars, Taylor's rich aesthetic forms a vibrant visual symphony that’s highlighted by sparkling paua abalone inlays and trim. A hand-sculpted ebony armrest elevates the playing experience in elegant and ergonomic fashion, making an artistic statement about the inspirational nature of thoughtful craftsmanship.
The Grand Orchestra is Taylor’s biggest, deepest body shape and delivers the richest, most complex voice. It's incredibly balanced for a big-bodied acoustic guitar. Specially braced to respond to a light touch, the Grand Orchestra is a good fit for players who want the richest, most powerful acoustic voice, for players who like a voluptuous, Jumbo-size guitar, and for solo performers looking for an expansive palette of sonic colors and textures.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Macassar ebony is a dense hardwood that produces a clear, focused sound with good projection and volume. It's characterized by strong bass, lower mids, clear highs and a scooped midrange similar to rosewood. It yields rich overtones that complement slower, softer playing, yet it responds well to aggressive playing. Players' techniques and pick choice come through very clearly.
Expression System 2 Electronics
The Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar.
Premium features include an ebony armrest, paua "Nouveau" fretboard inlay, paua trim (on the top, back, sides, fretboard extension, fretboard, peghead and armrest), Macassar ebony backstrap, peghead and bridge inlays, bone nut, and abalone dot bridge pins.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Grand Orchestra
- Top wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides:Solid Macassar Ebony
- Bracing pattern:Taylor Grand Orchestra Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish:Gloss 6.0
- Neck shape:Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width:1.75 in. (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard:Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood:Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length:25.5 in.
- Number of frets:20
- Neck finish:Satin
- Configuration:Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Headstock overlay:Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines:Gotoh Gold Tuners with Gold Buttons
- Bridge:Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut:Bone Nut, Micarta "Wave" Saddle
- Number of strings:6
- Special features:See "Other Features" above
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
Be the envy of your friends and fellow players. Order this fabulous Taylor today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Taylor Presentation Series PS18e Grand Orchestra Macassar Ebony Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
This is the best of the best in Taylor guitars. The sound, tone, action, and appearance are great. This guitar is so expensive due to the finest woods and workmanship construction. Taylor makes a superb guitar that I prefer over Gibson or Martin.
- Was this a gift?: