- J50939 000001000 J50939000001000
Taylor Taylor Custom #10030 12-Fret Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
A custom Taylor guitar is something truly special. Taylor loves to showcase custom configurations that highlight tone woods and aesthetic elements no...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The unique sound of an all-soldid blackwood body and top with a sweet custom shading.
A custom Taylor guitar is something truly special. Taylor loves to showcase custom configurations that highlight tone woods and aesthetic elements not offered through its standard product line. So every year, Taylor makes available a number of irresistable, one-off beauties at the annual Namm show in Anaheim, California. This hand-selected custom #10300 12-Fret Grand Auditorium is such an example.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice. Taylor’s 12-fret Grand Auditorium guitars deliver a uniquely inspiring playing experience. The shorter 12-fret neck and 24-7/8" scale length create a slinky handfeel that makes fretting and bending strings easier, and the different bridge placement articulates the top in a way that produces a remarkably powerful voice thanks to the Grand Auditorium's dimensions. It's a unique combination that delivers an inspiring playing experience.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Tonally, blackwood behaves somewhere in the middle of rosewood and mahogany, with a little extra shimmer and chime that shows its family resemblance to koa. The blackwood top gives a strong midrange focus that's dry, clear and warm. It's a musical combination that's only available as a custom configuration.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Custom features include a custom tone wood pairing, figured maple mini- wedge (on the back), figured maple binding, a maple Taylor logo, custom fingerboard inlays made of boxwood, and a custom-color finish.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically- sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Blackwood
- Back & sides: Solid Blackwood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor 12-Fret
- Body finish: Satin with custom shading
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.87 in.
- Number of frets: 18
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 510 Antique Gold Tuners with Black Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave"/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: See "Other Features"
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Give yourself the gift of a custom Taylor. Order now.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.