- J22970 000001000 J22970000001000
Traveler Guitar EG-1 Custom Electric Travel Guitar
- Write a Review
With its beautiful gold gloss top, dark mahogany back and sides, and a full 24-¾" scale, this new EG-1 is a modern, portable twist on a 1950s classic...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A full-scale, travel-sized classic.
With its beautiful gold gloss top, dark mahogany back and sides, and a full 24-¾" scale, this new EG-1 is a modern, portable twist on a 1950s classic, featuring Traveler's newly redesigned onboard headphone amplifier. Plug in headphones or your favorite amp and cycle through clean, boost, overdrive and distortion tones using the custom tap-pot.
In addition, the EG-1 Custom includes an aux-in jack so you can play along with your favorite tracks. The EG-1 Custom includes a built-in Shadow E-Tuner and deluxe visual appointments including block inlays, chrome hardware, cream binding, chrome humbucker with cream pickup ring, and gold top hat knobs.
Includes gig bag.
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Electronics: Custom Headphone Amp, Tone control, Clean/Boost/Overdrive/Distortion settings, 1/8³ Aux-in, built in Shadow E-tuner
- Pickup(s): Full Size Humbucker
- Body: African Mahogany
- Neck: African Mahogany
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Finish: Gold Flake Gloss
- Binding: Cream
- Fingerboard: Ebonized Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Block
- Frets: 21 Jumbo
- Hardware: Chrome 14:1 Gear Ratio (Closed gear)
- Neck Width at Nut: 1-5/8"
- Strings: D™Addario EXL110
- Overall Length: 28-1/2"
- Overall Depth: 2-1/4"
- Body Thickness: 1-5/8"
- Body Width: 10-1/2"
- Gig Bag LxWxH: 31-1/2" x 13" x 4-1/2"
- Weight: 4 lb. 5 oz.
- Weight in Gig Bag: 6 lb. 5 oz.
- Audio Output: Standard 1/4" jack, 1/8" Headphone out
- Instrument Input: 1/8" aux-in
- Batteries: 2 x AAA
- Model #: EG1C GLD
Keep your chops up wherever you are. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Gig bag is is uncomfortable to wear
Comments about Traveler Guitar EG-1 Custom Electric Travel Guitar:
I gave the product 5 stars, because they didn't offer a 4.5 option. The gig bag is really uncomfortable to wear. They should widen the strap. The onboard preamp is also really lame. These days, it should be much better. Nevertheless, it is an exceptionally well playing and sounding guitar with out the preamp. I actually used it for some overdubs while traveling. Don't buy it for the preamp, buy it for the excellent and very clever construction. I wish it had a low output neck pickup; but hey, it's a travel guitar.
I still prefer to travel with my old Steinberger Newburgh with a graphite neck, but this is a respectable alternative, and a bit lighter.
I really wish the gig bag was more comfortable, but it works.
The onboard preamp is pretty much useless with its non musical harsh tone.
The guitar is fun to play, even unplugged.
Despite the two aforementioned faults, I would still buy it again.
Pair it with a blackstar fly 3, and you will be ready to rock in any hotel around the world.
The tuners are a little quirky but the guitar was still in tune after a trans- atlantic flight.
Forgot to mention the onboard tuner. It works well and is nice to have.