- Write a Review
A distinctive model with active EMG pickups and signature features.
With scorching riffs and remarkable stage presence, Zakk Wylde has earned his reputation as heavy metal's premier lead guitarist. It's perhaps no surprise that he's now going from making great music to making great guitars at the head of his own company. The Wylde Audio Warhammer electric guitar is part of the first wave of models to come from this new company.
With nordic spirit this awesome model is ready to seize the stage. The Warhammer offers the player one of Zakk's most aggressive designs featuring a solid mahogany body with a set 3-piece maple neck. The ebony fretboard has a 24.6 in. scale and 14 in. radius with 22 jumbo frets, just the way Zakk likes it.
From Ozzy Osbourne, Pride and Glory, and now Black Label Society, Zakk has always used EMG active pickups and you'll find a pair onboard in the time-tested combination of EMG 85/81 that has helped define Zakk's sound. Black satin hardware includes Grover tuners and Floyd Rose tremolo bridge. Case sold separately.
Details about the EMGs onboard
Although the EMG-85 pickup has more measurable output than the 81, its frequency response and string interface are different. The 85 uses two alnico magnet-loaded coils with a wide aperture to maintain a beefy low end and a fatter top end. Because of a more natural tone, it works great as a rhythm and blues pickup because it has loads of output but isn't muddy. It's a perfect choice as a rhythm pickup in combination with an 81 in the bridge.
The midrange has great definition and doesn't get foggy or muddy in the rhythm position. The EMG-85 works best if you like the natural distortion that comes from overdriving the front end of your amp. Under any condition, the humbucker responds accurately to your technique.
The EMG-81 pickup is a high-output pickup designed especially for the lead guitarist. The 81 is at its best for high volume overdrive and amps with a master volume. Whether you're playing power rock 'n' roll, or overdriving your amp, there's a razor sharp attack, and incredible sustain for brilliant soloing. If you're looking for exceptional qualities in a rock pickup, the EMG-81 is the one.
Distortion during lead passages is consistent, sustain is long and the breakup fades smoothly. The ceramic magnet in combination with wide aperture steel poles lend a quick attack but the tone stays nice and fat at the same time. Perfect if you're the only guitarist in the band, and need to switch from rhythm to lead and still keep the band moving. Another great thing about the EMG-81 humbucker is it's quiet. If you're playing at really high gain the last thing you need is noise.
- Body shape: Other
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Zakk spec (Awesome)
- Neck wood: Maple 3-piece
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.6"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 14"
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Pearl block
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: EMG-85
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: EMG 81
- Brand: EMG
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: Yes
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Floyd Rose 1000 Series Locking Tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Color: Black satin
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: South Korea
Take charge with this commanding axe. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.