- Write a Review
Solid tonewood pairing, performance-ready design and versatile preamp/pickup system.
Part of Yamaha's A-Series acoustic-electric guitars, the A3R Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric features a stunning, fresh look and their proprietary cutting-edge S.R.T. (Studio Response Technology) preamp/pickup system. The A3R pairs a solid Sitka spruce top with gorgeous rosewood back and sides. The solid tonewoods, paired with the guitar's generous cutaway design and slim neck profile make it an ideal choice for the modern guitarist looking for a reliable workhorse that is not only aesthetically pleasant, but feels and sounds amazing in any setting as well. The A3R is a performance-level "bang-for-your-buck" guitar that will last for years to come. Other appointments include a 3-ply African mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard and bridge, mahogany and cream body binding, die-cast chrome tuners, urea nut and saddle, and tortoise pattern pickguard. The stylish mahogany and rosewood rosette is complemented by another black and white rosette giving it even more visual appeal.
Comes with a hard bag.
Yamaha's proprietary Studio Response Technology (S.R.T.) brings back the natural, ambient sound of an acoustic guitar, and it does it with the signal from the output jack. Using a sound modeling technique that utilizes data obtained through extensive analysis of four acoustic elements that are missing from conventional pickup systems” string and body resonance, ambience, vintage microphone characteristics, and professional micing techniques, SRT delivers The same tone that, until now, was only attainable by professional recording engineers in the world's finest studios is now easily usable by any player, on stage or in the studio.
The S.R.T system lets you choose from three different high-end mic types as well as two mic positions that let you use techniques similar to those used in a recording studio. The system provides a total of six setting patterns. Click the buttons below the photos to hear the differences between various sound settings. The system also allows mixing of pickup and mic sound elements using the blend knob, and control of body resonance with the resonance knob to create a wide range of rich, natural sounds.
- Body type: Traditional Western
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Slim
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: African Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.6 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Matte
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Yamaha
- Configuration: Preamp/Piezo
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: AFR
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Die-cast chrome
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Urea
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Hard Bag
- Accessories: Soundhole cover, hex wrench
- Country of origin: China
Get creative with this Yamaha Dreadnought. Order yours now.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.