- #J39935 000002000 J39935000002000
Yamaha FSX820C Small Body Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Derived from Yamaha's FS820, which has the solid spruce top and mahogany back/sides, the FSX820C comes with a cutaway body and adds System 66 electro...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Rich, warm sound with the right electronics to ensure plugged-in performances sound their best.
Derived from Yamaha's FS820, which has the solid spruce top and mahogany back/sides, the FSX820C comes with a cutaway body and adds System 66 electronics plus an SRT Pickup. Yamaha's proprietary under-saddle piezo pickup and System 66 analog preamp ensure you'll always have a solid plugged-in performance. The small and thin body is perfect not only for female/young players, but for intermediate-to-upper level finger-picking style players as well.
Yamaha's FS guitars have a louder and stronger sound in the low-to-mid ranges, thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division. Yamaha’s engineers have achieved this sound by utilizing analysis and simulation to arrive at the best bracing design without depending on tradition or guesswork. This analysis led to the development of the new scalloped bracing pattern, a new and ideal acoustic structure that maintains the durability of the top board while bringing out the most sound the Yamaha FS has to offer.
The FS model body is 10mm slimmer than that of the FG body, offering increased comfort and playability with no loss of volume or bass. Having a body that is easier to hold makes the FS more appealing to beginners and smaller guitarists, including female players. In addition, the smaller dimensions and lower propensity to feedback make FS guitars ideal for stage use.
System 66 Electronics
System 66 feature an under-saddle piezo pickup developed by Yamaha. Controls include a 3-band EQ, an adjustable mid-range frequency control, and a precision chromatic tuner for optimum sound tailoring. The system is powered by easy to obtain AA-size batteries that provide a stable power supply for improved sound quality.
Case sold separately.
- Body type: Concert/O
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Nato
- Scale length: 25 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Matte
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Yamaha
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Die-cast Chrome (TM29T)
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Urea
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Canada
Order this thinner bodied Concert hybrid today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.