- Product 705604
Akai Professional MPC1000 Production Center
- Write a Review
The Akai MPC1000 Production Center is a scaled-down, laptop-sized little brother in the renowned MPC series with all the primary features of its bigg...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Tiny footprint; huge capabilities.
The Akai MPC1000 Production Center is a scaled-down, laptop-sized little brother in the renowned MPC series with all the primary features of its bigger MPC siblings. Functions as a portable complement to the MPC2000 and MPC4000 and is a powerful music production tool on its own. It has a friendly interface, easy-to-use MIDI sequencer/drum sampler, and velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads for expressive play. 2 separate effects processors plus a main-out processor can be used simultaneously. Also 2x2 pole filters per voice, 2 Q-link sliders for realtime control, and 16MB capacity expandable to 128MB. It saves/loads data to the included 32MB CompactFlash card and connects to computer via USB for drag-and-drop convenience. 2 MIDI in, 2 MIDI out.
- 64-track MIDI sequencer
- 32-voice, 16-bit stereo sampler
- 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive rubber pads with 4 banks
- 2 simultaneous effects processors
- Realtime sliders and knobs
- 2 MIDI I/O
- 32 MIDI channels
- Backlit LCD
- 16MB onboard memory, expandable to 128MB with optional EXM128 RAM card
- USB port
MPC1000 Production Center
- Display: 240x64-dot graphic LCD with back light
- Memory card slot: CompactFlash type 2 (32MB-2GB)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 13" x 3" x 9"
- Weight: 7.6 lbs
- Power requirement: 19W
- SOUND GENERATOR
- Sampling rate 44.1kHz
- Sampling capacity: 16MB standard (expandable to 128MB mono)
- Recording time: 136 seconds (16MB mono)
- Memory expansion slot: 144-pin for optional EXM128
- Data format: 16-bit linear
- Polyphony: 32
- Dynamic filtering: 2x2-pole filter per voice
- Filter type: Low pass, band pass, high pass
- Preset sound memory: 5MB
- Effects: 2 stereo effects and master effect
- Effect types: Chorus, flanger, bit grunger, 4-band EQ, compressor, phaser, tremolo, flying pan, reverb
- Master effect types: 4-band EQ, compressor
- Number of programs: 24
- Maximum events: 100,000 notes
- Resolution: 96 parts per 1/4-note
- Sequences: 99
- Tracks per sequence: 64
- MIDI output channels: 32 (16 channels x 2 output ports)
- Song mode: 20 songs, 250 steps per song
- Drum pad banks: 4
- Sync mode: MIDI clock
- Record input (L and R): 1/4" stereo phone x 2, balanced -40dBu; input impedance 11kOhms; maximum input level +10dBu
- Digital input: RCA-pin x 1 S/PDIF
- Stereo output (L and R): 1/4" phone x 2 unbalanced +11dBu; output impedance 1kOhms; max. output level +17dBu
- Phones output: 1/4" stereo phone x 1; 200mW/32 ohms
- Digital output: RCA-pin x 1 S/PDIF
- MIDI inputs: 5-pin DIN x 2
- MIDI outputs: 5-pin DIN x 2
- USB: Slave connector x 1
- Footswitches: 1/4" phone x 2
- Standard accessories: 32MB CompactFlash card, power cable, operators manual
Reviewed by 16 customers
Ever since i bought one of these my home studio went from aniture 2 pro i can pump out a whole lot more heat wit this than i ever cought just playin drums on the keyboard and samplin is way more easier and tighter all do gotta do is throw a beat on and u good 2 go.
If your at all serious about recording and producing I suggest getting one of these! It just took my project studio to another level! This is my first MPC but Im quickly learning. The capabilities are awesome! There are plenty of drum kits online and CDs you can buy to expand your library! Stop thinkin about it and just get one!
ive been using the ASR-X,an got execllent reviews on my work on CRAIG-G's last album.since i got the 1000,im hooked on tha sound, and tha feel, its so intuitive an easy to use. as far as reversing sounds, i found a way around that. for tha money its th way to go definetly!
The MPC 1000 is EVERYTHING you need to be the next Dr. Dre! Seriously, this machine is top quality, and a great price for what it can do.
the mpc 1000 is a great way to start off producing. it can be a beginners tool or an experienced producer's also. i love the small size, but it also packs a punch. i wish there was time stretch and also the memory card that comes with it is terrible, not to mention the small amount of ram. BUY EXPANSION RAM! it will help out a lot. i love the 1000 though and im making nice material with it.
I was at 1st questionable about buyin an mpc1000, but after playing with one, i knew it was a must. The ease and quality of the unit is perfect for making a beat. I use it for beats and sampling and a keyboard (61-key Motif and xv-5050 rack) for the strings and bass and WHEW thats some awesome tracks there. DEFINATELY, grab one. Plus is portable. I make tracks everywhere. It goes with me in my truck.
The over all ease of it's use is utterly breath taking. I've had the same mpc 60 for over 15 years, and I've made the switch..BOOYAH!
Bottomline, this machine can help you become as hot as you allow it to. It can be your midi controller, the brains of your operation, it can be something to spice up what you do with your software, whatever you want. I've had it for a short time (a month), and am just scratching the surface, but I consider it to have exceeded my expectations.
this bad boy thumps like no other, the analog converter is awsome sounding and is even stupid-hip-hop-kid PROOF!(and i am not one, but know many!)
A wise man once said, "It's not what you use, but how you use it." For the most part that is true, but the MPC allows you to do many more things than any computer program will do. I was strongly advised to begin using this marvelous piece of equipment by another producer. Excellent quality; it takes a while to get the hang of everything, as I havent even learned everything yet due to the fact that there are so many features, but it is a great peice of equipment to use. Professional.