- Product 702542
Behringer U-CONTROL UMX49 49-Key USB/MIDI Controller Keyboard
- Write a Review
The Behringer U-CONTROL UMX49 is an ultra-compact master keyboard packed with superlatives: it features 49 full size, velocity-sensitive keys, 10 pro...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Compact master controller loaded with extras.
The Behringer U-CONTROL UMX49 is an ultra-compact master keyboard packed with superlatives: it features 49 full size, velocity-sensitive keys, 10 programmable MIDI controllers plus 8 user-set buttons.
The Behringer UMX49 isn't a just a powerful controller, it's packed with 50 virtual instruments that allow you to rock straight out of the box. Hit the keys of a grand piano or take off with breathtaking synths, sound samplers etc. Behringer offers even more instruments for download on their website.
Plug and play your software instruments or MP3 tracks and run them straight into your sound system with the included USB audio interface. Or simply record your stereo tracks on your Windows or Mac PC.
Compose and record with Ableton Live Lite 4 Behringer Edition. The USB MIDI controller is the perfect solution that allows you to compose, record and remix your musical ideas. Jam with sounds or phrases and record your song on the fly.
- Velocity-sensitive USB/MIDI keyboard featuring 49 full-size keys and unbeatable programming versatility, real-time control and playability
- USB/audio interface to connect your instruments and mixer, etc. to your computer for recording and playback
- Powerful DAW software AbletonLive Lite 4 Behringer Edition included
- Plug and play with Mac OSX and Windows XP®
- 8 real-time rotary controls plus 10 assignable switches
- Freely assign MIDI control changes to the modulation wheel, volume fader and pedal port for ultimate flexibility
- Full 128 tone range via the octave shift function with multi-purpose LED status indication
- Separate MIDI Out allows controlling external samplers, synths and other equipment
- Runs via USB bus, batteries or a power adapter (not included)
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
This is great keyboard for established musicians, but this may not be a good MIDI controller for beginners. This was my first venture into MIDI (and I use Win XP). Keyboard installed flawlessly as well as the software. Problem is figuring out just what you need to install to make this work. Documentation (translated from German prolly) is very cryptic. It definately needs a section on 'getting it to work' right out of the box. After the initial frustration of setup though this is a very powerful tool for a home-recording buff to add to their collection.
As a USB MIDI controller it works perfectly; no drivers are needed for OSX. The manual was a little hard to comprehend at first, but it was still easy to map the various controls (knobs, buttons, wheels, & slider) in Live Lite and Reason Adapted. The UMX49 keys feel much better than those of my old Yamaha PSR-270 keyboard. The PSR keys are very light - they balance a 50 gram weight, and I can hardly feel when a finger plays two keys at once just by brushing the side of one, but I always hear how ugly it sounds. At 100 grams of spring weight, the UMX49 keys give superior tactile feedback. Curiously, even though they only have 90 grams of resistance, the keys of my Casio PS-20 digital piano keys still feel much heavier than the UMX49 synth keys. I guess it is the inertia of the hammer action that makes the PS-20 feel like a piano while the UMX49 feels like a synth. The bundled software has no commercial value, but did include a couple of good plug-ins.