- Product 702715
Casio CTK-720 61-Key Portable Keyboard
- Write a Review
Casio's CTK-720 61-Key Portable Keyboard was designed for beginners and intermediate musicians. It features include 61 full-size keys, 32-note polyph...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Affordable, all-in-one music machine with learning system and sing-along mic input.
Casio's CTK-720 61-Key Portable Keyboard was designed for beginners and intermediate musicians. It features include 61 full-size keys, 32-note polyphony (the number of notes that can be played simultaneously), 242 tones, 100 rhythms, 100 songs, LCD display, dual speakers, transpose and tuning function, general MIDI (GM makes it possible to communicate with other MIDI devices regardless of the brand.), USB port, microphone input and volume for singing along. The CTK-720 keyboard also includes the Casio 3-Step Lesson System.
The CTK-720 has a dual power supply system allowing you to use 6 AA-size batteries (not included) for enhanced portability or the Casio AD-5 AC Adaptor (sold separately).
- 61 Full Size Keys
- 242 Tones & 100 Rhythms
- 113 Panel Tones + 128 General MIDI Tones + 1 Drum Set + 100 Rhythms
- Choose from among orchestral sounds, synthesized sounds and more.
- Auto Accompaniment
- Simply play a chord and the corresponding rhythm, bass and chord parts play automatically.
- This digital keyboard automatically plays bass and chord parts in accordance with the chords you finger. The bass and chord parts are played using sounds and tones that are automatically selected to the corresponding rhythm you are using. All of this means that you get full, realistic accompaniments for the melody notes you play with your right hand, creating the mood of an ensemble performance.
- Piano Bank Button
- The touch of a button takes you directly to piano tones and piano lessons
- 3-Step Lesson System
- The 3-Step Lesson System lets you practice at your own pace. The keyboard automatically grades your performances, so you can trace your progress as you improve.
- 3-Step Lesson System: Now you can learn the parts that make up the keyboard's built-in tunes. Guidance that appears on the monitor screen helps lead you down the path to music proficiency.
- Evaluation System: The keyboard can be configured to rate your performance during Step 3 lesson by assigning points.
- Built-In Tunes, Including Piano Pieces
- Built-in tunes are divided into two groups: a Song Bank of 50 tunes with Auto Accompaniment, and a Piano Bank of 50 piano tunes.
- Your keyboard comes with a total of 100 built-in tunes. You can play back built-in tunes for your own listening pleasure, or you can use them for practice and even sing-along.
- Musical Information System
- A big LCD screen graphically shows your fingerings, keyboard keys to be pressed, and notes, making keyboard play more informative and enjoyable than ever before.
- Microphone Jack with Volume Control
- for Sing Along Function
- The CTK-720 has a built-in MIC Input jack and volume controller. It also includes a 3-step lesson to help you learn to play with the correct notes.
CTK-720 61-Key Portable Keyboard
- Keyboard: 61 Standard-size keys, 5 octaves
Tones: 242 (113 panel tones + 128 General MIDI Tones + 1 drum set)
Polyphony: 32 notes maximum (16 for certain tones)
Main Volume: Adjustable
Rhythm Patterns: 100
Chords: 2 fingering methods (CASIO CHORD, FINGERED)
Rhythm Controller: START/STOP, SYNCHRO, FILL-IN
3-Step Lessons (Step 1, 2, 3)
Playback: Repeat play on a single tune
Lesson Part: Left hand, right hand
Evaluation Mode: Scoring
Voice Fingering Guide: On/Off
Song Bank, Piano Bank
Number of Tunes: Song Bank: 50, Piano Bank 50
Name display: Tone, Rhythm, Song Bank, Piano Bank name/number, keyboard settings name/value
Tempo: Tempo vlaue, metronome, synchro standby
Chord: Chord name, Chord form
Fingering: Fingering indicators, parts
Staff: 5 octaves with sharp and flat indications, pedal symbol, octave symbol
Keyboard: 5 octaves
Tempo: Variable (216 steps, _= 40 to 255)
Transpose: 25 steps (-12 semitones to + 12 semitones)
Tuning: Variable (A4 = approximately 440Hz ±50 cents
Accompaniment/Song Bank Volume: Variable (100 steps, 0 to 99)
USB Port: Type B
Sustain Terminal: Standard jack
Phones/Output Terminal: Stereo standard jack
Output Impedance: 100 Ohms
Output Voltage: 4V (RMS) MAX
Power Supply Terminal: 9V DC
Microphone In: Standard jack (with microphone volume slider)
Input impedance: 2k Ohms
Input sensitivity: 10mV
Power Supply: Dual Power Supply System
Batteries: 6 AA-size Batteries (not included)
Battery Life: Approximately 4 hours Continuous Operation on Alkaline Batteries; Approximately 2 hours Continuous Operation on Manganese Batteries
AC Adaptor: AD-5 (sold separately)
Auto Power Off: Turns Power Off Approximately 6 minutes after Last Key Operation. Enabled under Battery Power Only, can be disabled manually.
Speaker Output: 2.0W + 2.0W
Power Consumption: 9V - 7.7W
Dimensions: 37-11/16 x 14-1/16 x 5-1/4 inches (95.6 x 35.6 x 13.3 cm)
Weight: Approximately 8.8 lbs (4.0kg) without Batteries
Reviewed by 6 customers
Displaying reviews 1-6
Basically, it's what you would expect. The sound is not as bad as a previous reviewer would have you think, though if you're looking for a faithful recreation of an acoustic piano sound, look elsewhere. I like a coupe of the synth-lead tones, especially the sine wave because it sometimes sounds like it is tuned to just intervals. However, my biggest disappointment is that the midi usb connection is not compatible with windows vista. I think you deserve to know that.
The Casio CTK-720 keyboard is wonderful for those looking to learn music, the intermediate or professional musician. The options of a power adapter or batteries allows for anyone to play, anywhere. It offers a choice of fingering method or voice, making it easy for the beginner. For the intermediate, it has a great song/piano bank for those wishing to expand their horizons. The rhythm/tone banks are of a very good quality. Midi make it a valuable tool when using with the computer. This is an excellent portable because of it's flexibility. I recommend it highly.
The unit is certainly good for price even my 2 year old started banging on it.Casio though does not supply basic stuff like an ac adapter this is rather surprising for a company like Casio. Fortunatly I had one lying arround and could use it for CKT720.
Well it is a very inexpensive keyboard. The quality of manufacture seems OK for the price range. But the sound is terrible. The piano sounds are just pathetic. My kids used to have a $20 toy keyboard that sounded more like a real piano than this one does. I got it as a gift, and I only want it to learn on, but if I had heard it first I would never buy it.
its a very nice piano its got alot of fetures and its good for the kids
I own a Roland digital piano that sounds & plays great. I bought the Casio CTK-720 to have a second board, and for what I paid, I have no complaints. I'm constantly amazed at what I got for the price I paid. The instrument recently suffered a fall from quite a height with no damage or affect on the sound. Worth every penny.