Designed for professional performances with SD card storage and USB/MIDI compatability.
The Privia PX-3S is a performance-minded keyboard with an 88-key scaled weighted scaled hammer action keyboard withe 250 digital tones, SD card storage, and USB MIDI connectivity. It's a pro-level digital stage piano controller with all the sounds and MIDI capabilities a serious player like you needs for studio work and gigging. At an impossible-to-believe 23.8 pounds, the PX-3S offers full-sound editing, must-have effects like a dial-in rotary speaker for B-3's, and assignable MIDI controls.
The PX-3S sounds and feels like your playing a real acoustic piano. Four dynamic levels of stereo piano samples are integrated with Casio’s proprietary Linear Morphing System, for a grand piano sound with seamless transitions and a superior dynamic range. For added realism, the PX-3S simulates the sound of open strings when the dampers are raised by the pedal using Acoustic Resonance DSP.
Designed to be the heart of your performance rig, Its controller features allow you to control two upper and two lower zones. Each zone can be one of the PX-3S’s sounds, control an external MIDI device, or both simultaneously. The PX-3S’s internal tones can be customized to meet your needs with 64 insert effects (all editable), adjustable filters, envelopes and more. All of your changes can be stored and instantly recalled from the PX-3S’s 64 registration locations.
The PX-3S features a new Ivory Touch, Tri-Sensor 88-note scaled hammer action keyboard. Casio’s superior engineering has resulted in an authentic piano touch that captures every detail and nuance of your performance. This scaled hammer action provides the weight, feel and resistance of a piano without sacrificing the portability of the instrument.
To complete its real piano experience, the PX-3S features 128 notes of polyphony, enough horsepower to handle the most demanding musical passages, and the ability to layer sounds and use the damper pedal without worry of dropped notes. In addition, the PX-3S can connect effortlessly to your computer via USB without the need to install drivers.
- 88-key, Ivory Touch Tri-sensor scaled hammer action keyboard (matte finish)
- Touch response: 3 sensitivity levels, Off
- AIF (Linear Morphing) keyboard
Number of tones:
- 16 piano tones, 12 electric piano 1 tones, 8 electric piano 2 tones, 8 clavitones/vibraphone tones, 18 organ tones, 20 strings/ensemble tones, 10 guitar/bass tones, 20 other (OTHERS) tones, 128 GM tones, 10 drum sets
- : Layer, Split
- Reverb (4 types), Chorus (4 types), Brilliance, DSP (2 channels, 64 types, editable), 4-band equalizer
- 4 songs
SD Card Slot
- (Number of songs and song data volume that can be sent from a computer for storage. The capacity based on 1MB = 1,024KB and 1KB = 1,024 bytes.):
- Supported SD card capacities: 2GB max.
- Registration memory data store/load, SMF (Format 0, 1) card format, file delete, file rename
Display screen pedals:
- Full-dot LCD with backlight
- Comes with 1 pedal (SP-3), terminals x 2 (damper, soft/sostenuto switching),
- 3-pedal unit support
- Half-pedal operation (damper) when using an optional 3-pedal unit
Key Transpose Tuning Control:
- (1 semitone = 100 cents): 25 steps (-12 semitones to 0 to +12 semitones)
- A4 = 440Hz +/- 99 cents
- GM Level 1 compliant
Other Functions / Features:
- Acoustic Resonance System
- Tone select button
- Registrations: 8 banks x 8 sets (64 sets total)
- Master keyboard function
- Mixer function
- Temperaments (preset scale): Equal + 16 other types
- Octave Shift
- Panel Lock
- Pitch bend wheel (0 to 12 semitones)
- Assignable switches x 2
- Headphones: 2 (standard stereo jacks)
- Pedals: 2 (damper, soft/sostenuto switching), 3-pedal unit connector
- Line Out: 2 (L / MONO, R)
- Line In: 2 (L / MONO, R)
- USB: 1 (A commercially available USB cable - A-B type - is required to connect a computer to the USB port. Operating systems that support USB: Windows XP Home Edition (SP2 or later), Windows XP Professional (SP2 or later, 32-bit versions), Windows Vista (32-bit versions), Windows 7 (32-bit versions, 64-bit versions), Mac OS X (10.3.9 10.4.11 or later, 10.5.6 or later, 10.6.2 or later)
- MIDI: IN/OUT
- External Power: DC 12V
- Black metallic tone finish
Want the privilege to impress your audience with the Privia PX-3S? Order one today!
PX-3S 88-Key Digital Stage Piano Specifications:
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 52.04” x 11.25” x 5.31” (doesn't include projections)
- Weight: 23.81lb.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Casio PX-3S 88-Key Digital Stage Piano:
I don't have anything other than "I love my PX3" to say.
Mine is a PX3, not really sure what the S is but.......
I've been playing live in one form or the other since 1960. My style is hammer down Rock/LeonRussell/Blues. Never concentrated on 'Organ' type style or sounds but....
This keyboard at a whopping 21 pounds truly is pound for pound my favorite, escpecially to play live. I have Kurzweil 88 key weighted keyboard, a Motif 8 and a small handful of Midi rack mounted stuff and I'm just going to say that people should spend some good quality time checking out this board for the money.
It's truly stupendous in my book!!!
I'm getting up there in age, and the one and only questionable feature is the readablity of the control panel. Other than that it's fabulous. The best 'feel' of all my keys.
Go spend $4000.00 plus and you can't get much more in terms of usable function for practice time playing or live. Midi in something and off you go.