- Product 620206
CME VX-80 Intelligent Keyboard Controller
- Write a Review
The CME VX-80 Intelligent Keyboard Controller is part of CME's VX Series, the 2nd version of their intelligent controller keyboards. The original is ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Professional 88-key keyboard with USB audio, a myriad of controls, MIDI, and room for expansion.
The CME VX-80 Intelligent Keyboard Controller is part of CME's VX Series, the 2nd version of their intelligent controller keyboards. The original is believed to be the first keyboard with motorized fader controls as well as a multifunction expansion slot. The CME VX Series controllers have PadStyle intelligent MIDI songs and styles which you can update via USB. The CME VX-80 is also has unique Game mode, Multi-scale, and U-CTRL functions.
Not only is the CME VX-80 a MIDI controller keyboard, but it also includes many unique functions to meet the needs of the 21st century musician. First of all, it includes both USB MIDI and USB audio functions so you do not need an extra audio interface when they're using it with music software. It also builds in many MIDI songs and accompaniment in different styles, including loop variation and chord change. These have been carefully prepared by professional musicians and can be initiated by the VX-series unique PadStyle. All MIDI songs and styles can be downloaded from the Internet and transferred into the VX-80 via USB.
This intelligent controller keyboard also includes a Game mode so you can work off a sheet music book to test your performance skill. If you're new to keyboards, you can gain many tips in this mode.
Other functions of the CME VX Series include built-in multi-ethnic scales so you can play Arabian music or Asian music, and U-CTRL, a new concept by CME which provides easy communicate between your controller and music software. There's no need to load templates or presets—just press the U-CTRL button and all the controllers you need for your particular software will be ready. The multifunction expansion slot gives you many options for expanding your VX Series keyboard, including a sound module with sample function, analog synthesizer module, FireWire audio interface module, digital mixing console module, etc. With these expansion options, the VX Series will provide you with an all-in-one music production platform.
As with CME's UF series controller, the VX Series uses CME's famous and well-proven professional graded hammer action weighted keybed with initial and aftertouch, plus velocity sensitivity (in this case, 88 keys). These keybeds have been widely used in many famous professional synthesizers and digital pianos in the past few years. VX provides up to 64 controllers in different types, including motor faders, encoder for data entry, knobs, trigger pads, ribbon controller, buttons, pitch bend, modulation wheel, SEQ transport buttons, pedals, breath controller and all these controllers are programmable.
- Built-in 32-bit CPU
- Intelligent keyboard with built-in USB Audio and MIDI, multifunction expansion
- 88-key Graded hammer action weighted keyboard, initial and aftertouch, touch sensitivity
- PadStyle MIDI songs and styles help you to play live music easily
- Interactant mode to improve skill of your performance
- Multi-scale of the key to fit more kinds of ethnic music
- U-CTRL function makes you work with music software perfectly
- 12 x programmable trigger pads, velocity sensitive
- 8 x knob controllers (potentiometer)
- 9 x knob controllers (endless encoder)
- 9 x 60mm motor fader controllers
- 1 x ribbon controller
- 1 x pitch bend and modulation wheel
- 27 x function and number buttons
- 6 x SEQ transport buttons
- All controllers are programmable
- 1 x endless encoder for data entry
- Music software control templates with user bank memories
- 2 x 16 characters LCD display
- Firmware upgradeable via USB
- Multifunction expansion slot
- 4 x MIDI OUT, 1 x MIDI IN to supply real master keyboard function
- 2 x universal pedal connectors, full compatible with switch and expression pedal
- 1 x breath controller connector, full compatible with YAMAHA BC3
- 2 x Mic/Line input with gain knob, 1/4" phone jack
- 2 x Line output, 1/4" phone jack
- 2 x headphone outputs with volume knob, 1/4" phone jack
- USB Audio and MIDI, class-compliant with Windows Vista/XP and Mac OS X
- USB Hub, USB bus-powered
Gain control of your sound, software, and more with the VX-80 intelligent controller. Order now.
- Dimensions: 64"W x 19"D x 7"H
- Weight: 43.88 lb.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
If you need a MIDI Master Controller Keyboard, this is the best that I have used. Pros - Keyboard has a very good weighted piano feel. Plenty of assignable faders, knobs and even pads. I use this keyboard to run two sound modules and various soft synths on laptop. Programming is fairly simple, and this keyboard can be configured to run a lot of complex high tech setups, and it's built like a tank. Cons - It's big and its bulky. If you put this monster in a road case it will take Hercules and the Hulk to move it. It needs a heavy duty stand, and will probably take two people to place it on the stand, unless you just ate your wheaties. Overall, outperforms all other 88-key midi controllers I have used, studiologic, m-audio, yamaha.
This unit is built as solid as they come. Metal surfaces are great, but it does add to the weight of the keyboard. Have owned this unit for over a year, and have had no problems with it. Everything still working perfectly, even the motorized faders.
A bit expensive for a controller, but it does have all the bells and whistles, and its built to last.