- J13206 000000000 J13206000000000
Dave Smith Instruments DSM01 Curtis Filter Module
- Write a Review
Taking its name from the filter designed by the late Doug Curtis, the DSM01 provides a switchable 2- or 4-pole low-pass filter and a VCA. Standard 8H...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Modular synth by a stellar designer.
Taking its name from the filter designed by the late Doug Curtis, the DSM01 provides a switchable 2- or 4-pole low-pass filter and a VCA. Standard 8HP wide, Eurorack-format device with interconnections made using 3.5 mm jacks.
Big Sound Comes In Small Packages
Dave Smith's first-ever offering for modular synthesizer users is a big one-the DSM01 Curtis Filter, the very heart and soul of the Dave Smith sound. Featured in everything from Dave's vintage Sequential synths to his recent cutting-edge instruments such as the Prophet 12, the Curtis tone is brash, saturated, and powerful.
Plug It and Play It
The DSM01 is a compact, 8 HP Eurorack-format module. Plug it into your modular system and that classic Curtis sonic signature is instantly within a patch chord's reach. The filter is a resonant low-pass design that can be switched between -12 dB and -24 dB operation and driven into self-oscillation in -24 dB mode. A Boost switch lets you overdrive the input stage for more aggressive coloration.
In addition to its Curtis filter, the DSM01 provides its own responsive, low-noise VCA with LED CV indicator. There are two separate outputs-one pre-amplifier and the other post-amplifier. This not only gives you added signal routing flexibility, but also frees your system's existing VCAs for other tasks.
Give Your Modular System the Edge
If you're a typical modular user, you're always on the lookout for new and interesting components to enhance your system. The DSM01 is an easy and affordable way to give your system a new sonic edge-with the filter that's brought some of the world's most in-demand synths their classic tone and vibe.
DSM01 Curtis Filter Module
- 1 CV In - Frequency (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In - Resonance (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10V
- 1 CV In - VCA (3.5 mm jack) Range: 0 to 10 V
- 1 Audio In (3.5 mm jack) +/-5V or 10V p-p
- 1 VCF Out - pre-VCA (3.5 mm jack)
- 1 VCA Out - post-VCA (3.5 mm jack)
- Self oscillation in -24 dB/octave mode, tracks at 1V/octave
- Internal power connector (ribbon cable included)
- Current draw: +12V @ 36mA, -12V @ 25mA
- 1.59" W x 5.06" H (40.3 mm x 128.5 mm)
- Depth (measured from back of panel with power cable installed): 1.06" (27 mm)
- Mounting screws included
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.