- J47922 000000000 J47922000000000
Dave Smith Instruments DSM03 Feedback Module
- Write a Review
The DSM03 Feedback Module is Dave Smith’s third offering for modular synths. At the heart of this unique module is a tuned feedback line for sound ma...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Powerful module for sound creation and destruction.
The DSM03 Feedback Module is Dave Smith’s third offering for modular synths. At the heart of this unique module is a tuned feedback line for sound mangling; a newly designed, resonant, low-pass filter for tone shaping; and a triggerable noise source for Karplus-Strong-type plucked string synthesis. Tuned feedback has been a part of the Dave Smith tonal palette since the groundbreaking Evolver, and is also a key sound-shaping component of the Pro 2 and Prophet 12 synths.
Plug It In and Tweak It
The DSM03 is a 10HP wide, standard Eurorack-format device with interconnections made using 3.5 mm phone jacks. A set of inputs allow individual voltage control of feedback amount, tuning, low-pass filter frequency, and filter resonance. The module provides one audio input and one audio output as well as an audio trigger input for the noise source.
New Filter Design
The 4-pole, resonant, lowpass filter is a new digital design, based partially on classic analog filters of the past. It features over-sampling and numerous refinements to the signal path, which is 24-bit, 96 kHz resolution for outstanding audio fidelity. It’s a great-sounding design that works well both in the feedback context and as a stand- alone tone-shaping tool.
Creative Possibilities Abound
So if you’re looking for something esoteric, but still fundamental to the Dave Smith sound, add this secret weapon to your modular arsenal. From Karplus-Strong synthesis to metallic, industrial grit, the creative possibilities are wide open.
- Feedback Amount CV: -5V to +5V
- Tuning CV: -5V to +5V
- LPF Freq CV: -5V to +5V
- Resonance CV: -5V to +5V
- Audio In: -2.5V to +2.5V
- Audio Out: -2.5V to +2.5V
- Audio Trigger In: 0 to +10V
- Internal power connector (ribbon cable included)
- Current Draw: +12V = 10mA, -12V = 20mA
- ￼1.99′′ W x 5.06′′ H (50.5 mm x 128.5 mm)
- Width: 10 HP
- Depth (measured from back of panel with power cable installed): 1.54′′ (39 mm)
- ￼Mounting screws
- Ribbon cable for power connection
Limitless creative options. Make room in your system.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.